1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32PL1 probs - anyone help ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Ian182, Jul 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hi,

Started to notice problems with my TV on white backgrounds - I could see what is best described as horizontal bars on the image. Thought it might be inteference from another source, so tried disconnecting everything, swapping cables etc.... but still the same.
    Decided the other night to use one of the THX Optimisers to set up the Contrast,Brightness etc to see if that made any difference. First test ran fine, then I ran the second test, where you should be able to see the THX logo, and 10 shades of black above and below it. Even with brightness set to full, I still could not see the THX logo, and at best could only see 5 shades of black.

Are the 2 problems likely to be related ?
    Is it likely to be terminal, or should it be fixable ?
    I've only had the TV 2 years......... :suicide:

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ian.

2. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Just had the Panasonic approved local Service Engineers round to have a look. I showed them the 2 problems (plus the horizontal banding problem on NTSC stuff through my Pioneer 565).
    They basically said that although they could see what I was getting at, they didn't think there would be much they could do, as it was just a "basc 50hz set". They offered to take it into the workshop and run tests on it, but didn't think they would find anything actually "wrong" with it.

Bit of a quandry now - its out of guarantee, so any repairs I'll have to foot the bill for myself. I'm reluctant to let it go away at all, because having to live with a 14" portable in the meantime won't be much fun :rolleyes:

Any Panasonic experts out there ? Could ANYTHING else be causing this ?? The engineer also tried blaming it on a poor SCART lead, until I pointed out my £50 QED SQART :laugh:

I'm starting to get paranoid now, and think its maybe the way I've connected everything that might be causing a problem........

:lease:

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Apperently there are threads relating to this, but I have yet to find them! Seems the horizontal banding could be a mismatch with your Pioneer DVD Player. I have a Pioneer 656A, with the same TV as you, and have exactly the same problem. In fact, now I may have established what the problem is, I'm thinking of changing my 656 for something else.