Panasonic TX-32PK25 damn good?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Ewok, Jun 10, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Ewok

Ewok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am lookig at getting the 32pk25 for my home cinema setup. I have read the picture quality is superb and the sound is good. Is this correct? Is there a tv which is clearly better? I do NOT want pro logic or DD on it because I have that seperately as part of my home cinema so dont want to be paying for it and not use it.

Also what's the best price anyone has seen the 32PK25 for?

2. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Work collegue has just taken delivery of 32PK25, initial comments are positive. He got John Lewis to pricematch www.empiredirect.co.uk at £1030 with 5 year warranty. The only (minor) downside is JL come up short in the in-stock/delivery time stakes.

If you go ahead with it, let us know what the performance is like as I am on the verge of getting it also.

3. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Am I confused?

Are you talking about the Panny 32PK20 (as reviewed by HCC at the start of the year) If so I own one and fed from a Sony 7700 DVD using a RGB Qed Squart I have not seen a better picture on a 32" TV (got mine from BOS electronics for £899) yes its a continental version (but that only means I cant input My address & postcode). Buy one tommorrow :D :D :D

4. Ewok

Ewok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks PFM, that settles it, I might be buying one tomorrow, mine is also going to be european model from www.SDB-electronics.com £799

5. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PFM,

This European model, I gather it may have some problems with UK transmissions ie Nicam, is this true? In anycase I'm using Ondigital at the mo, are there any discernable differences in performance than with the UK version? As Ewok mentions this can now be had for £799, amazing price but I do not want to be caught out with any European deficiencies.

Thanks