1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32PK20 and TX-32PK25 owners please report in!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gvr27, Oct 21, 2001.

1. gvr27

gvr27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He guys,

My mind is pretty much made up which 32" wide screen I want to buy. And it's the Panasonic TX-32PK20. It has got rave reviews and I spend time in different tv shops watching the tv's and I liked the Panny's the most.

So your thinking what the problem is, well because I live in the Netherlands I can't get thet 32PK20 simply because it isn't sold here. It has never had actually.

So I was wondering what the differences are between the 32PK20 and the 32PK25(which is sold over here). So I e-mailed Panasonic in the UK. This is what they replied. I included my query.

"
    Query:
    dear sir/madam,

I'm about to buy a 32" panasonic 100Hz widescreen tv.
    I was thinking about the tx-32PK20 but I recently found out that it is no
    longer avaylable.

My question to you is what the differences are between the 32PK20 and the
    new
    model 32PK25.

Yours cincirrily,
    Gerard van Rooijen

PROBLEM RESOLUTION:
    Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

In response, I would explain that the PK25 has cosmetic chnages only.

Trusting that the above information will be of assistance to you. However,
    of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate
    to contact us on 08705 357357 or customer.care@panasonic.co.uk and we will
    endeavour to assist.

Customer Support
    (Document link: )
    "

As you might understand, this explenation is a bit too short for me. So my question to you guys is if you have discovered any differences between these models.

In the HCC test they said that the 32PK20 didn't have a digital comb filter. From the new Pan brochure I found out that the 32PK25 does have the Comb filter. HCC remarked that the picture quality was that good because of the absence of the comb filter(dot crawl seemed to occur with the comb filter). So is there a possibility to turn the comb filter off with the 32PK25???

And how about watching analog football games on these sets. Does this affect the smearing much? Since I'm a football fan I will watch many games on this set toghetter with dvd and digital tv.

It would be great if you could help me by awnsering my questions and releave me of my doubts to buy this set. It's my fave you know!!!

Thnx,
    Gerard :D

[ 22-10-2001: Message edited by: gvr27 ]