Panasonic TX-32PK1, Massive Picture - UNABLE TO CHANGE HORIZONTAL AMPLITUDE

TwinkleXx

Standard Member

I've got the TV working now, the condenser needed changing. However my TV repairman didnt have the right one so he put in 2?!

Anyway, the TV is working but the picture is huge. I've got into the service menu and fiddled with the settings but the Horizontal Amplitude will not go any smaller, eg if I go into sky menu it fills up the entire screen and some words are chopped off.

Any ideas anyone? this tv is driving me bonkers!! :lease: help!!!!

Annie

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You should have put this in the original thread which was http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440053 but since you're new here I'll forgive you :D
"Condensers" are an old-fashioned word for modern "Capacitors" of which there are hundreds in every TV.
If the "condenser" was in the horiz output stage and your engineer fitted the wrong type (sounds like he didn't have the correct value and he's fitted 2 to make up the value) that could account for the excessive width...but a word of warning...you should be nowhere near the service menu yourself :lesson:
You should have called him back...any guarantee the engineer gave with his repair (usually 90 days for the same fault/parts failling) can be invalidated by your meddling.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom