1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32PH40

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DEELY, Sep 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. DEELY

DEELY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering the Panasonic TX-32PH40 - anyone out there got any feedback on the picture quality? (Hopefully the lack of entries in these forums about this set is a positive sign!).

2. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Sorry to say that tomorrow I shall be getting my third one in two weeks. They keep on breaking on me!
    PQ is not at all what I expected. Similar spec Tosh is now much cheaper too - If this one breaks, I'll probably get the 36 inch version of the Tosh.

3. fuzzy

fuzzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought Sony 32FQ75which had focus probs on right side of screen (like another thread in this forum) and changed it for the Panasonic PH based on good review from another mag tho I now see what video don't rate it so well. Ive had it for a week now..been reliable to date. My views...

DVD picture about the same as Sony
    RGB feed from Pace ITV digital box.. excellent picture
    Ordinary analogue signal not as good as Sony
    Sound..good enough for now, better than Sony

With both sets there seem to be certain pictures that come across better than others but the focus problem was really annoying. I think overall though the Sony had a more "watchable" picture

4. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My new one is much better than the last two. Picture is sharper and so far it all works fine. Only had it a day though. It still has a sort of combing effect with NTSC discs via component input though.