1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic tx-32ph40 TV compatible with progressive scan pal 50hz zone2 yes or no ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by VEGA2003, Jan 30, 2003.

Tags:
  1. VEGA2003

VEGA2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the Panasonic tx-32ph40 is compatible with the 50hz signal in progressive scan PAL of zone 2 DVD’s.

I know it works with 60 hz progressive scan with zone 1 DVD’s but what happen with 50 hz zone 2 DVD’s?

Thanks for your answer.
    ;) ;)

2. fuzzy

fuzzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought pal prog scan output via component was at 60hz whether that was from zone 1 or 2. The difference is whether they are NTSC or pal.. i think! Perhaps someone with more knowledge will enlighten:confused: I hope so since my next purchase when funds allow is to buy a pal prog dvd player to go with my ph40:)

3. raZorfish

raZorfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to available information the Panasonic model you are refering to is the first TV in Europe to support PAL progressive signal (625p@50Hz) input (via the component interface)!

See thread "The ultimate CRT-based PAL TV?" for the only other model that supports PAL progressive as well (JVC's latest model).

Which model you should go for I really couldn't say since I haven't seen any of them in real life performance. However, the spec of the JVC TV looks really impressive...

raZorfish

4. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, the panasonic is Pal progressive - compatible from its component inputs.

Pal is 50Hz, NTSC is 60Hz. This is the same whether interlaced or progressive.

HTH

Moory:)