panasonic tx-32pf10 doens´t like my pioneer dv-656 :(

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kireru, Nov 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. kireru

kireru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just bought a new pioneer dv-656 which modified an internal hack which I have connected to my panasonic tx-32pf10, but I am having problems when I try using RGB signal as the player doesnt turn off the macrovision. sent my tv to panasonic for a checkup with the dvd player and they blame it all on the dvd player. I was was wondering is there anyone else who had heard of this problem before? Is it a know thing that panasonic has problems with macrovision?

I tried the player on 4 other tvs and they all thake player without any problems?

shouldent the tv have tollerance for macrovision as it is made to protect the content on the dvds?

Kireru(Frustrated!!!)
    Norway

2. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    RGB and the PF10 series have a history of problems due to the euro-chassis in this model range.I have a 36PF10 with similiar problems,scrolling interference at the top.Change the output of the dvd player to S-Video and the problem will disappear.I also think S-Video looks better on the tv as well.RGB boosts the contrast to an undesireable level.Let me know if it works.

3. kireru

kireru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I allready know that it works with s-video, but I work in a electronics store and sell panasonic so I am really interested in getting the tv fixed og changed for another modell.I have even offerd pansonic to pay the £ in diffirence to get something better. I spent £2000 2 years ago,because they went on and on about how good the tv is and I am really going to pressure them or I will not bother to sell panasonic products. I also feal RGB gives slightly crisper colores.but thanks allot for the reply. do know anyone who had the problem fixed by panasonic? do they admit they have problem with this?

kireru

4. Hippy

Hippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    Noticed your post and have posted on a very similar issue.

I bought a Panasonic 36pl30 and a Pioneer DV444 and all is well until the RGB is enabled between them, which produces odd green bars near the top of the screen. Neither the TV nor the DVD seems to produce this problem with alternative machines, but I have got same result with another DV444.

But likewise, on reporting the problem, both parties seem to blame each other for this, and I have now resorted to using S-Video through my RGB scart so I dont get the barring, and likewise am not fully happy with having to use it though s-video.

So I would love to hear any results you may have, as likewise you would of thought both companies would know of this and want it sorted.

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a panasonic tx36pl30. I used a pioneer 444 dvd player. When set to RGB I got a band of wavey lines near the top of the screen and white patches on the screen. Set to S Video it was fine. I spoke to the engineer at the place I got it from and he blamed the tv. I only got the patches on reg 1 though. Reg 2 was fine. However I could see no difference between rgb and s video so I lived with it. It was the MOIRE patterning at the edges of the screen that made me change. I dont know of anyone nor did the engineer, that had this fixed by panasonic

hth

shaun

6. Hippy

Hippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So did you get the TV fixed to resolve the issue with the DVD, or just change the TV?

The point still stands though, as neither the TV nor the DVD player shows this problem using other components, and thats why its annoying, as no-one is responsobile, so it seems like the consumer has to manage.

7. kireru

kireru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI again

Tomorow I hopefuly will get some answers from panasonic as it is their fault and not pioneer, but I will keep you all posted on how they fixed the bad macrovision tollerance in their tvs. the Panasonic sales contact person we have at work said he would give me a call.

kireru

8. mjm

mjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just seen this thread after some searches for RGB and it matches the problem I am having with my 36PF10. I have just returned two Pioneer DVD players to the retail outlet as either faulty or not compatable with my TV owing to rolling interference.

I posted a question to everyone (sorry, hadn't found this thread until just now) asking for help but it looks like it is the TV's fault!

Strangely though I can see the problem turn up as soon as you select 'RGB' on the DVD players setup menu - it doesn't matter if there is a DVD in or not.

I will try Panasonic tomorrow for a response and post what I find.

Cheers

Michael

PS. Forgot to say that my old Pioneer DV 717 works fine through RGB with no rolling bars at all!

9. mjm

mjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to Panasonic today and after consulting with an engineer they advised me to get in touch with a local dealer to make a "DVC 0 adjustment" - whatever that is!

My local dealer promised to go and consult the service manual to find out what it was but it does seem that Panasonic are aware of the problem with these sets - let's just hope that they also pay for it.

Cheers

Michael

10. Hippy

Hippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhh good news, well I hope it helps, I have just sold my pioneer now and will have to look for another player, but if it works I can at least audition Pioneers again, so please do keep us informed, if its an easy adjusment, that would be excellent news. :)