1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32PD50 & Component Input

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by spadgham, Apr 2, 2005.

1. spadgham

spadgham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm new to these pages and was wondering if I could get some technical-ish advice please?

I've just purchased a new Panasonic TX-32PD50 (before finding these pages I might add......and am now quite apprehensive about what I am to receive!!). Anyhow, I was wondering what choices I would have for audio if I choose to connect my DVD via the component inputs. I do not yet have an AV receiver/processor setup, and didn't intend to get one, but, as far as I am aware, component connections only carry video. Therefore, how do I get any audio from TV? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Simon

2. billystevo

billystevo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to fit a scart lead for the audio, but you will get a better picture with components.

3. Simcom

Simcom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a PD50 and just connected Component up.
    Connect your SCART lead to AV4. plug in your Component lead then select AV4C using your coloured buttons on the Remote control.
    As billystevo said the audio then still goes though the scart.
    Make sure you also access your DVD menu to tell it to use Component. Once you have done this the TV should default to AV4C on its own when the DVD player is switched on.

4. mmj

mmj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does the TV automatically switch to progressive scan mode when a progressive signal is detected?

5. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes, the TV does switch to progressive scan automatically. When in progressive mode you cannot select any of the other modes i.e. 100Hz, 100Hz Plus. I found the PQ to be worse with PS than with standard interlaced though.

6. mmj

mmj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That is good to hear. :smashin:

It would irritate me no end if I had to manually switch to PS mode whenever I wacked in a DVD. :nono:

Cheers!

The people on this forum are brilliant. :clap:

7. Gordon WT

Gordon WT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've got a Denon 500SD through a 32PD50 and I can't get it to autoswitch!! I must admit to being a bit clueless about PS. Does it work with Region 2 DVD's or is it REG 1 only??

I have the Denon set to Component and I select PS through the Panny manually but I've never had it switch to PS on it's own :confused:

Gordon

8. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi - Your Denon isn't outputting PS then. Manually switching the TV to progressive is irrelevant. I expect there is a menu on your player where you have to enable PS or it will just output interlaced through the components. PS is available on PAL and NTSC on Region 1 and 2. It depends if your player is able to ouput PAL PS though.

9. Gordon WT

Gordon WT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    OK, just checked the manual.....but I should have noticed the Denon has Progressive Scan emblazoned on the front of the unit!!

It definitely outputs PS so why does the Panasonic not automatically pick it up?

I am not very happy with the Panny at the moment as the picture is very blocky with Sky and Freeview with pulsing colours displayed on fawn coloured walls etc. I might have to fill in a customer form for Sound & Vision as I can't believe a tv of this calibre should be as poor as that. :(

Gordon