Panasonic TX-32PB50

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by LarsDK, Jun 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. LarsDK

LarsDK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everybody!

Can someone tell me a little more about this tv.
    I have read a few posts talking about a noise when there is a white picture on the screen.
    Is it a problem with all the sets or is it just a few that have that bug??
    How well does it work with a signal from a PC??
    I use my PC to watch some movies and I am wondering how this tv handles that.....

And just some overall oppinoins.....

What other 100Hz 32"-models is there with 2 tuners if I decide to buy another model.

BTW, nice forum.... :)

Lars
    Denmark

2. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It would be nice to hear any noise from my TX32PB50 as it has been in repair for over 2 months waiting for Panasonic to get off their a**es and repair a faulty board.

I think I was given the model that Panasonic technicians were trained on. One that has got every fault possible, Hum, moire, interference, no picture, no sound etc etc etc!!!.:mad:

From the problems I have had I wouldn't recommend this TV to anyone.

Hope this helps.

Neil

3. LarsDK

LarsDK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havent heard of people having that much problems, but I am sorry to hear about it ......:)

I want the feature with the 2 tuners so I can use text-tv and zap through the other channels while my girlfriend watches tv.

She is not all that happy about me looking at the sportspages or checking the other channels while she is watching one of her series...:D

So what other models is there with 2 tuners?? Which is my main demand to my new tv.....

LarsDK

4. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Some JVC's can do what you want but have a single tuner.

My brother has the JVC 32PL1 which can do picture in picture or picture and text. Obviously if you want the screen split in two with a channel on either side then you will need 2 tuners.

A word of warning though, if you want the TX32PB50 so that your girlfriend can watch a channel while you watch another and listen to it through the headphones then you cannot do this because unlike the above JVC where the sound through the headphones is the sound from the picture in picture the Panasonic pumps the sound from the channel your girlfriend is watching. Pretty useless.

Neil

5. LarsDK

LarsDK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The main thing is that there is 2 tuners no doubt about that...

I dont think I will be watching 2 channels at the same time, just the option to cycle through the channels while keeping one channel fixed, so the soundproblem is not an issue.

Can you tell me the names of the JVC´s with 2 tuners???

6. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rimmers, are you sure about the sound thing?

I had the PG50 same chassis has PB50, the PB being the revised model. I could watch 1 channel and listen to it using the headphones while my wife listened to another with the main speakers. Seem's a bit of a backward step for the revised model, if you are correct. :confused:

7. mafw

mafw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think all PB50's have the high pitched noise problem. However I had two sets and they both had this fault. Shame though, as without this fault they would be a good set. Maybe I am just plain unlucky as I have been buying widescreen TVs for 6 months now and I have yet to have a set without any major faults. (I have just had a Philips 28DW9625 back from repair yesterday and the fault is still there! I only had the set for two days!).

8. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have had both the PG and PB and the sound through the headphones was the same as through the speakers.

I often thought this was a waste of time, but from what you say it appears I was wrong. Maybe I am not doing something.

I will be receiving a replacement PB model sometime next week so i'll try it out.

The JVCs only have 1 tuner which is all you need for PIP. You would watch the main channel and then scroll through the other channels in the PIP.