• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-32LZD80 10,000:1 and 50Hz good enough?

DanBarber

Standard Member
I have been doing loads of research and i am pretty much decided on the Panasonic TX-32LZD80 as is looks like a great TV. My only concern is that I play on a PS3 quite a bit and obviously use the PS3 as a blu-ray player. Is 10,000:1 and 50Hz good enough, there are other Tv's out there but they dont seem to have as good reviews as this one. Can the same contrast ratio and hz on one brand differ so much from another?

My budget is about £400-£500

I dont think more research will give the answers so i guess if there is someone out there who owns one of these and has some expereience then that would be great.

Thanks

Monarch

Distinguished Member
The 32LZD80 is last years model, I would recommend that you take a look at the newer models, the L32X10 or L32X15 are just below and just below £500 at Richer Sounds, the L32S10 is the 1080p model and is the upgrade from the 32LZD80, it's around £530 at PRC direct, but I wouldn't worry about 1080p at this size unless you were going to be using it as a PC monitor a lot, or if you were sat really close. You should be ok with a 50Hz Panasonic, they handle motion very well and the blurring problem is reduced throughout the market anyway, the blacks are nothing special but they aren't terrible, they're basically what you should typically expect from an LCD

DanBarber

Standard Member
I have had a look but they dont seem to be very popuar with most reviewers. They seem to prefer the older models.

The LX10 has 50Hz and 50,000:1, the LX15 has 100Hz but 40,000:1, the LZD80 has 10,000:1 and 50Hz

Should i simply go on the stats or does anyone have an opinion?

Thanks

S Bibby

Established Member
Hi Dan,
I don't really don't know if these new models are going to be much different from the old. Certainly they will be using the same panel. I think the only main difference would be what processing Panasonic is using and what effect this has on your 100hz and 24p/frame rates. I read a bit about Pana's 100hz and IFC stuff and it sounded alright but personally I haven't seen enough of them to comment. Some people mention that 100hz makes the picture a bit messy and leaves stuff called 'artefacts' behind on Freeview or SD but I haven't seen this much either. Hope that is of some help!

DanBarber

Standard Member
Hi guys, thanks for the assistance I have decided to try out the L32X15 I will make sure I update this blog and let you know how it performs.

I managed to get it for £483.99 from Currys using the code '30SAVE' I also hope to get another 4% back by using this website Top Cash Back so hopefully the TV should have cost me about £460 which i think is a good price for this set

Monarch

Distinguished Member
I know what you mean when you say that the reviews for the new Panasonics haven't been great, but I can't see how they've got any worse at all, they look very good to me, and the SD freeview picture on the LZD80 isn't too great to be honest. I would deffinitely recommend checking them out, make sure you can tinker with the settings.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom