Panasonic TX-32LXD80 + 4K firestick

JuddNb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I am attempting to upgrade from a second generation firestick to a 4K firestick on my Panasonic TX-32LXD80but have what looks like a boot-loop - upon turning on the screen alternates between a white screen with yellow lettering and a black screen with white lettering but just loops between the two. I have tried this on another TV (LG) (as well as ANOTHER the name of which escapes me) and it starts up first time. My understanding is that a 4K stick should work with this model . Does anybody else run a 4K firestick on a Panasonic TX-32LXD80 ?Any comments or suggestions very welcome.

rgds

Juddy

Have you tried it in a different HDMI input?
Are you powering it using the psu that came with the Firestick or a USB port on the TV?

Are you powering it using the psu that came with the Firestick or a USB port on the TV?
This ^^^

There may be a shortfall in output on the USB port on that TV. Of course, I could be wrong ....

Hi Guys ..thanks for the responses...yes I've tried a different HDMI port and am powering thru the cable provided (plugged in to the wall socket). JayCee are you saying the TV is incompatible ? The older second gen firestick works in either HDMI ports ...would be greatful for any further comments.

Thanks

Juddy

What video resolution is the new Firestick set to?
Make sure it's no higher than 1080

Last edited:
What video resolution is the new Firestick set to?
Make sure it¡s no higher than 1080
Thanks Jaycee ...I wont be able to do that until Wednesday at the earliest as the other TV is elsewhere (and the only way I can access the setting menu) ...once I have changed the resolution will that setting then stick when connected to my TV ?

Thanks again

Juddy

No luck 😢 I changed the resolution (plugged to another TV that it does work on).
Also borrowed another 4K stick which works but alas the very same behaviour ...leading me to believe the Panasonic itself is for some reason incompatible with the 4K stick.
Thanks for the suggestions but unless anyone has any further advice I'll be sending it back to Amazon ....

Looks like it could be a firmware issue ... if anybody has any firmware update for the TX-32LXD80 I'd love to hear from you ...

thanks in advance

Juddy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom