• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-32LXD70 for under £450... Surely not...? What am I missing??

fungusking

Standard Member
Hi people, I could waffle for a bit here but will cut to the chase. I've been looking for a new 32" TV for months now and have changed my mind countless times, eventually deciding to give the research a rest for a few weeks (not being able to chose between the Tosh WLT68, Pana TX-32LXD70, Sharp LC32RD2E and Sammy LE32M86BD).

Anyway, today I stumbled across these two sites selling the Panasonic for Under £450!

http://www.shop.bt.com/productview....11229" title="Panasonic TX-32LXD70 32" LCD TV

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...=11229&tduid=132e76595aac56b064bc1cd1da9f558a

At first I assumed that it must be the LM version not the LX, But i've looked closely at the pages and it definitely seems to be the 100Hz LX version. Then I thoguht it might be some kind of euro version (like the Tosh WLT68pg that is being sold on Amazon) but can't find anything to suggest this is the case.

Surely this price cannot be right though, as I havn't seen anywhere else selling them for less than £580-£600.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? Am I just being stupid? Or is this deal really that good?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 188495

you sure, i see that there are some at btshop?but dont dabs run btshop?

ficko

Established Member
defo looks like a typo. check out their prices for the other models in the 7 series.

i reckon it should be £617

D

Deleted member 188495

damn it non in stock
:( nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i was getting happy there!!!!

now what do i do? cry?

Stinky985

Established Member
well it said none in stock but it still allowed me to place an order! I thought it was worth a try as i was gonna order from empire direct anyway!
I'll see what happens tomorrow! fingers crossed as i went via quidco too for another 2.5% off!! :devil:

A

antonycousins

my question to Dabs:

"Hi,
i'm awaiting stock on this order, but you've got the tv at a really really low price in comparison to other traders... are you really going to sell this tv at this price when you get stock or is this just some king of marketing trick to get people to place orders? if it is i'd rather you just say so.

thanks"

their response:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your order has been cancelled and you have been notified of this by e-mail.

Please contact us if you require any further information."

so before you order it, or if you are waiting on an "awaiting stock" order, you might wanna give dabs a miss as they're obviously just messing us about. how very polite of them too!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom