Panasonic TX-32LXD70 digital text issue?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by milney100, Apr 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. milney100

milney100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Panasonic TX-32LXD70 digital text issue?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken this extract out of a longer oost i made in the hope that someone who actually owns this tv may be able to help clear up my confusion!

It may not seem important to everyone but the speiocification on several sites says that it is not "digital text compatible" I may be being very stupid but does that mean that text through such services as bbc text will not work? if that is the case how can bbc interactive (for example) operate?

I guess the question in that regard is two-fold:

a) will it display the text services of digital channels? and

b) will it operate the interactive services of those channels?

I cannot believe the answer to the latter question is no but I am deeply concerned by the first question. With the imminent "analogue switch off" (and the loss of my much loved teletext) I would be very annoyed if I found out my new tv would not display text!

It is strange because the previous Panasonic model was compatible, why remove it?

Thanks

EDIT:

I have looked a bit closer and the actual wording on the Comet site when defining Digital text is:

"able to recieve the digital text and interactive services broadcast by the BBC and other broadcasters"

The set is said NOT to have this.

I knwo that it makes no difference to HD quality or DVD watching etc.. but the unfortunate fact is many of people are still in SD and will be for the next 12, 18 - or however many months. Not having interactive service seems a backward step. Especially for Sports fans: Wimbledon, football, rugby and even Children in Need all rely on on interactive sevrices.

I can't believe I am correct about this, surely someone would have noticed! Please help

2. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi yes it does on both counts. I have just checked mine on the World Snooker. In fact the digital text services are really fast. Much quicker than with Sky and all the free-view boxes I have used. I have found Comets buying guides incredibility unreliable in the past. I would not buy anything more than a battery from them. I bought mine from John Lewis and then price matched with Weymouth HiFi. I am totally satisfied with my Panasonic LX70D