1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32LXD52 vs. Samsung LE-32R41B

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DaveAnderson, Oct 2, 2005.

1. DaveAnderson

DaveAnderson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So,

after a good month of reading reviews, trawling the forums and back and forth to the shops...I (think!) I am down to a choice of 2. The Panny TX32LXD52 or the Samsung LE32R41B.

From flitting from shop to shop, I couldn't see much difference in picture quality. I will be returning back to try out some other sources this week.

I've found the Panny for around £1,050 delivered and the Samsung for around £850. I'm only using it for freeview and dvds, so want to keep the price reasonable.

Trouble is, I can't find many reviews/threads about the Panny and there seems to be some confusion whether this is a 32LXD500 panel without the extra connectivity, or a 32LXD50 with an HDMI input. Does anybody know the answer to this?

Does anybody own/have an opinion on the panny? or would like to comment on these two models.

Or any suggestions of something that should be on my list at this price (I've discounted the JVC and Tosh!)

Thanks....Dave

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    any particular reason you discounted the JVC and Tosh, as they are the two *on* my shortlist :)

3. DaveAnderson

DaveAnderson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah..I couldn't see any discernable difference in quality between the Tosh (albeit the 56 not the 58), JVC and the Panny. The analogue picture on the tosh seemed a little soft compared to the others, but this was really marginal. The JVC and the panny seemed identical. I will be testing these with other sources and on the 58 next week so will let you know.

So it came down to aesthetics. To me, the JVC looks a little cheap (don't flame me JVC owners!) and the Tosh styling is so last year! Both the missus and I prefer the black cabinet finishing.

The dealer also said that he thinks two of these, can't remember which two tho :( , share the same panel ??????

I read in another thread, somebody got the Panny 500 for £1350 including glass stand, so thats more food for thought. So now, the shortlist is:

Panasonic TX32LXD500
    Panasonic TX32LXD52
    Samsung LE3241RB
    JVC LT-32DS6 (just hanging in there!)

4. GAMMO

GAMMO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody

The original question on this thread was are the Panasonic TX32LXD500 and TX32LXD52 the same panel or is the 52 the 50 panel with an HDMI socket.

Could somebody please enlighten me. :lease:

5. daxie

daxie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    52 is 50 + hdmi...

6. DaveAnderson

DaveAnderson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been back to the shop today. Retailer assures me the panel on the 500,50 & 52 are the same as is the image processing.

He also said that the panel on the JVC is the same as the panny, but obviously with different pimage processing.

FYI, my list is down to:
    Panny tx32ld500/52
    Samsung LE32R41B
    Tosh 37wlt58 (just!)

JVC is definately out...preferred the Tosh/Panny picture and styling :)