1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32LXD500

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by TheBigK, Jun 10, 2005.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Considering buying a Panasonic TX-32LXD500 when they are released next month so I am now looking to get an opinion of how you folks think this unit will fair?

An important factor for me is how well the panel performs from a PC connection. Any idea if the unit will support 1:1 pixel @ 1366 x 768 as this seems to be a failing of most of the current generation of LCD's.

Also, could I expect a price drop after the initial release?

I am also looking to buy the following items with the unit:

DVD PLAYER
    Panasonic DVD-S97EBS

RECEIVER
    Panasonic SA-XR70

SPEAKER SET
    Panasonic SB-TP70

Appreciate any help / advice on my choice of equipment as I want to get this purchase just right.

Thanks in advance!

2. starnberg

starnberg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think anyone has seen these screens yet so it's a bit early to tell. I'm hoping some of the excellence of the PV500 plasmas has rubbed off as I don't quite have enough space for the 37" plasma... (well, a girlfriend that thinks we don't have enough space which is pretty much the same thing!)

Given that the phillips 9830 comes out at about the same time and prices for that are already below RRP, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a little price pressure. Depends on how many panny can get into the retail channel though and they're not all that good at that bit it would appear...

3. gavinp

gavinp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ..and what about the Sony that will be out around then