1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32LXD500 owners

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by scw, Sep 1, 2005.

1. scw

scw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi I’ve just purchased an 32inch LXD500 and am really impressed by the PQ on both analogue and freeview…even through my tatty old aerial.

However, there are a couple of thing which are bugging me, so I wonder if you fellow LXD owners can help me out.

Firstly I’ve got the aspect ratio set to Panasonic auto but for some reason when you change channel sometimes it tells me that the picture is wide, sometimes Panasonic auto and sometimes nothing! More annoying though is that on some broadcasts I get a black line down each side of the screen, sometimes with a finer white line on one side (inside the black bar). This seems to happen a lot on BBC1, only through freeview though, on analogue it seems ok. I guess it must be the broadcast feed because sometimes between programmes it goes back to a full picture!

Secondly when switching to an AV socket the instructions tell you to press the AV button and make your choice while the coloured keys are on screen. They tell you that they will disappear after a few seconds, but they flash on and off in an instant and you have to press one of the buttons to get them back again…is this normal behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

2. bjl1953

bjl1953
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve,

You got it home OK then, with or without the back seats in? ;)

I've found that if I leave the aspect ratio on 4:3 it will change automatically to the correct ratio when programmes change, or even when adverts are different aspects to the programme in which they appear. However, I think this might only work in digital because a signal is sent with the programme, and I do watch most of my TV through the Sky box which might make a difference. The "Panasonic Auto" function is a bit misleading - all it does is fill the screen regardless of the broadcast aspect ratio, so 4:3 looks really stretched horizontally. I never use it.

As far as the AV coloured buttons are concerned, mine stay on just about long enough. I'm sure I read somewhere in the manual (which I find is not very user friendly) that you can change the time that information stays on the screen so the coloured button timing may be adjustable using this function. Sorry, but I can't find the page again now!

Hope this helps.

BJL

3. scw

scw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello Brian

I ended up borrowing a Galaxy in the end…Using the measurements you kindly supplied I figured that the only way to get it in the Focus would have been to take one of the rear doors off!! I didn’t fancy that much….seemed a bit extreme :D and I was warned against just laying it down in the back by Panasonic.

I’ve tried setting the set to 4:3 and although it auto switches on some digital channels, on others it stays at 4:3.

The AV buttons on mine flash on and off in an instant so I check out manual and see if the timing can be changed.

Cheers :smashin: