• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-32LXD500 on-screen display problem

V

Van Cortlandt

I've just lent my house, my TX-32LXD500 and my Panny DMR-EH50 dvd recorder to a friend. And I've come back to find that the top-left of the tv's on-screen display now permanently shows 'Component' (or 'AV1', or whatever output is selected) whenever there's a feed from the dvd recorder. Before I went away, the 'Component' (or 'AV1' etc) just flashed up for a few moments to show the signal source and then disappeared - just as it should. But now the signal source item is on permanent show - and it's very irritating (bizarrely, it disappears for a few moments if I change the volume or anything else which has its own on-screen display). So it looks to me as though my friend (ex-friend?) must have been pressing some buttons on either the tv or dvd remote. Trouble is, he doesn't know what he might have done. And I've been through both the tv and dvd manuals, but I can't find a way of getting back to a temporary 'Component' (etc) in the on-screen display. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious - please, can anybody help?

Saggy

these sets do this if the source that is selected has nothing playing ie if its the dvd av input and the dvd is turned off. does it do it with the normal tv stations? if so then press the button that looks like a screen (square) with a + symbol in it and that should toggle it off and on. ]

give that a try.

martin

dacco

Van-bet you've already sorted this but just in case:eek: ....pressing the i(I) button on the remote toggles the source display from timed to permanent display,just press it again and enjoy....hope this helps:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom