1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32LXD1 / Sony KLV-L32M1

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Anewbie, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Anewbie

Anewbie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I've been looking for a replacement TV for a few months now and I think I've narrowed it down to two models:

Panasonic TX-32LXD1 and the Sony KLV-L32M1.

I've been over to JL to have a look at the screens and was very impressed with both of them. They were both linked up to a DVD player (different models for each TV) through RGB SCART.

My question is that although in the flesh the Sony seemed every bit as good a picture as the Panasonic, I cannot find any reviews of it anywhere! I'm loathed to spend over two grand on on a shiny box if none of the magazines/sites have given it the once over for their 'professional' opinion.

Can anyone shed any light on the Sony or have any opinion on how it would fare in a direct comparison to the Panasonic. (I know the Panasonic has a few extra features, Freeview etc, I'm just thinking PQ here). Both were up for £2299 BTW though I'm hoping to knock that down to about £2000 with their price match.

Thanks, T.

2. brd

brd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bough the Sony one month ago. By comparing, I feel the new WEGA engine is the best for the analogue broadcast.

On DVD feed via component its look simply superb. The Sony also allow for High definition where the Panasonic seems to not accept it (from the test in the press).

The only default I found in the Sony is the black level, while good, will not produce real black in very dark scene if the room is very dark too. In the shop, you will never notice that. This shortage I think is common in all LCD and on that Topic all the New 32 inch LCD (Sony, Pana, Phillips) are the best compare with the Samsung for example.

One last think, I am really impress by the quality of the sound of the Sony but I did not compare it with the Panasonic.

The Sonly KLVL31M1 is the last expensive LCD and is one of the best if not the best.