1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32DTX40

Discussion in 'TVs' started by xanderb, Aug 31, 2004.

Tags:
  1. xanderb

xanderb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad:
    Took delivery of this TV on Saturday, excellent TV overall, but I have a warping in the left hand corner. For instance when the on screen display is up, whether it be on free view or sky, the banner squashes up on the left compared to the right and looks terrible on a channel like Sky Sports News, with that scrolling banner that goes across.

I have tried turning it off and all the setup menus but no difference. :-(

I rang up Panasonic this morning and they say it’s a technical fault and contact the supplier i bought from (digital-point.co.uk), so i rang them and they say that there is an engineer menu that will sort the allignment out? Well not heard back from them yet. They also said if that doesn’t sort it they will have to take it back and repair it. Not to be funny but if they take it away, I know it will come back dinged and scratched going through there warehouse again. If it goes I want a brand new one.

Does anyone know how to access this service menu? Or has any one had problems with this TV or experiences with digital-direct?

Cheers, this is my first time posting, sorry if it’s long!

Alex

2. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Don't accept repair.

Under the Sale of Goods Act products which have defects however minor within 6 months bring about a new set of remedies.

Insist on a replacement under S48 of the Act.