1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic tx-32dtx40 picture problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by avio, Mar 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a minor problem with my Panasonic TX-32DTX40 in that there is a mostly green & yellow line at the top of the picture some of the time only about 1 or 2 mm(mostly in centre of screen tends to feather out at both ends). This is more prevalent on some broadcasts than others and also it shows on all AV inputs. I think this is a minor set up problem but don't know the fix (last time I had this problem there was a horizontal & vertical hold adjuster at the back of the telly). Any knowledgeable TV buffs out there that know how to get into the set-up menu as it will be a lot of hassle taking this TV back.
    Thanks in advance . :lease:

2. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else with a panasonic tx-32dtx40 had any similar problems?

3. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still looking for a fix for this problem and downloaded a test card from this forum, played through the DVD player it showed up that the geometry of the screen dipped in the centre at the top thus revealing the greenish yellow lines.
    Hopefully if anyone can explain how to get into the service menu and adjust this I'd be eternally grateful.

4. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +327
    do a search on google i found codes for my old toshiba and what all the bits and pieces meant. make sure u write everything down though just incase of any accidents!

5. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried a google search before I posted but can't find the right model but I'll keep trying. Thanks anyway.

6. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eventually found out how to get into the service menu following advice for the TX32PK1.

For anyone else who needs it here goes:
    Bass to max
    Treble to min
    hold down 'index'
    Press '-' (minus) on front of set
    then use coloured fastext buttons on remote to scroll through and adjust (back/forward/adjust up/adjust down)
    press STR on front of set to save a value after you adjust each one
    press N to exit menu.