1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32DTX40 + DMR-E85HEBS £££ Deal - Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cheekymonkey, Mar 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm a newbie to the forum :hiya:

I have spent the last few days reading these posts into the small hours of the morning building on my research and also reading your tales of woe and glory along the way!

I am looking at the above combination having read some great reviews on the TV as well as liking it's looks and the fact it also has the digi-box built in. (The only downside is that it doesn't have component inputs but reviews say that this is not such a big issue with the quality of the picture they have seen) Likewise the DVD HDD Recorder with 80GB seems just what I'm looking for and is getting some good write-ups.

I called in at my Panasonic Store (in Bradford) today to have a good old look at it and they have the TV on offer at a penny under £800 and the DVD at £400. £1200 in total.

I asked them what deal they would do for both as I had seen the TV on the web at £770 and also Richersounds in Leeds had the multi-region player on at £299.

Without much promtping they agreed to do both and make the DVD player multi-region for a total of £1080 delivered.

Also they were going to throw in a Vivanco Prowire 1.5m SCART lead for £30 (On the shelf at £60)

What are your thoughts on this as a set up, the price and is it worth buying the SCART even at half price or going for another brand ?

Looking forward to your views and feedback :D

2. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just bought a Panasonic 32PD50 from Unbeatable.co.uk for £549 with a free DVD player.
    The Panny has the component inputs you mention.

Might be worth then buying the recorder from RS and buying good component leads/Scarts from Ixos or QED.

Flog the free dvd player and you'll be quids in!!!

Just a thought......... :thumbsup:

3. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Trickdick and avio. It seems as though the prices are changing daily :thumbsup: - have printed this off (and also one for the PD50) and will try and get into the store over the weekend and haggle :smashin:

Am thinking I will buy a scart lead seperately as the one they have @ £60 is on the net @ £24 - makes me think they have mega margin on this and more importantly that it is not that good :mad: - will probably go for a QED.

Quite like the idea of the integrated digi-tuner - one less box under the TV and leaves room for me to put an amp there as part of a surround sound kit once the bank balance has recovered !!

Having said that the overall look of the PD50 is 5* with that curved stand - seems much better than the TX40's with the plastic legs - will have to look at this in the store.

Thanks again guys - anyone else any thoughts ?

5. Mike@#36

Mike@#36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You might want to consider the E95 panny DVD recorder with 160gb drive plus some other extras. Multiregion £354 from 123electricals4me.co.uk (£339 for basic, £15 for upgrade) Then again where do you stop 'just' adding a bit. Only a thought.

6. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mike@#36

As you say...where do you stop - looking at the specs the E85 seems to have enough for me :thumbsup:

I read in a magazine whilst browsing at WH Smith that Panasonic are bringing a new version of the E85 out - I think the model is E50H which will be multi-format i.e + and - & RW discs with the 80GB drive.

Can't find anything on the net about this though - had wondered about waiting as my PC is a DVD+R/RW but then where do you stop ?!?! :suicide:

7. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panny shop confirmed the new DVD/HDDs would be out in "a couple of months" but would be serious money !

Hence the discounting on the E85 and others in the range.