Panasonic TX-32DTX40 CRT TV - has it been replaced??

daverob

Established Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine is looking for a Panasonic TX-32DTX40 CRT T
V. Am having difficulty in locating an outlet which stocks this particular model. Perhaps it has been superseded? Can anyone help in letting me know if this model has been superseded, and by which model. Thanks!!

The TX-32DTX40 has been discontinued and replaced by the Tx-32DTX11 (and TX-28DTX11). I was looking for a DTX40 myself a couple of weeks ago and had no luck where I live. However, MKA Television in Great Yarmouth still had 5 in stock. I won't buy a telly without seeing it first, and I really wanted a 28", so I didn't go for it but they still have that model on their web site and will deliver. If you're lucky they might have one left.

<http://www.mkatv.com>

moopig

And I should mention that if SCART sockets are important to you the new Panasonics only have two, and only one of them does RGB. The old TX-32DTX40 had four SCARTs. That alone almost made me buy the old model sight unseen...
:(

moopig

Many thanks Moopig for your help - much appreciated. Had a feeling the DTX40 had been replaced. My mate is now out and about looking for the updated model - first place of call will be JL. Thanks again.

I went for a TX-28DTX11 when I couldn't find a TX-32DTX40 and I also bought from John Lewis (good price, free delivery, 5-year guarantee, no messing about if there's a problem and it has to go back). It doesn't get delivered until Tuesday so I can't really say much about the telly yet other than I thought the picture was considerably better than the TX-28DTM1 (the cheaper model) in the two showrooms where I saw them side-by-side. I never did see a 'DTX40.

moopig

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom