Panasonic TX-32DT30 IDTV DTT & SKY? Views/Reviews and Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by booboobear, Jul 1, 2002.

1. booboobear

booboobear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Hi everybody. :)

As I'm sure we all know Panasonic has updated their range of IDTV's. As well as the TX-32DT2/TX-28DT2 (both 50Hz), there is now a complete new range.

The TX-32DTS3 and TX-28DTS3 are the due to replace the old DT2's. Both new models carry DTT and SKY.

Also in the range is the new TX-36DT30, TX-32DT30 and TX-28DT30 all with DTT and SKY but also with 100Hz featured.

I am interested in the Panasonic TX-32DT30 (100Hz) IDTV. Does anyone own one or have any views on this particular model please? I have searched magazine reviews and this forum and there is no mention of these new Panny sets?

Can anyone offer advice, help or good/bad points?

Any help is appreciated. I am completely new to Panasonic so please help fill me in if you can.

Cheers All, I look forward to hearing your words of wisdom.

Paul.

2. booboobear

booboobear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    " Also in the range is the new TX-36DT30, TX-32DT30 and TX-28DT30 all with DTT and SKY but also with 100Hz featured. "

SORRY I have made a mistake in the above post.

I have been to my local Panasonic Centre today and enquired about all the above models.

It seems the 36DT30, 32DT30 and 28DT30 IDTV range DO NOT come with built in Sky decoder.

The only Panasonic IDTV models that carry the decoder are the 50Hz 32DTS3 and 28DTS3 models. These have not been released yet, and the guy at the centre did'nt have a clue when they would be! Yeah Right!

Please accept my apologies. Please let me know your views on the latest Panasonic IDTV's.

Cheers!

Paul.

3. trotter

trotter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Rojo Habe

Rojo Habe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'll agree with everything that review says, but I'd like to paste in something I've just posted on Digital Spy:

It's one of those things that, once noticed, you'll always be looking for. Has anybody else come across this?

5. Rojo Habe

Rojo Habe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well, it seems nobody has come across this other than me :rolleyes: . This would seem to include Panasonic themselves, as they never answered my email.

Anyway, they've now released the DT40, so I can start trudging round the shops all over again to see if the new generation suffer from the same thing.

Anybody seen a DT40 yet? The Panasonic web site is very sketchy spec-wise at the moment, and I haven't been able to find a review of one anywhere online yet.