• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic tx-32dt2 help needed plzzzzzzzz

S

saintgeorgie

hi all, my tv is set and tuned to receive digital terrestial programs and was working fine until I moved house. Trouble is now I've moved to Wales where I cant receive digital broadcasts. when i turn the set on it just says 'sorting:please wait' and wont do anything else.Is ther anyway i can reset it back to factory settings as i cant even access the menus to put it into shipping mode now.
thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
saintgeorgie said:
i cant even access the menus to put it into shipping mode now.

Is the remote actually working...nothing daft like batteries needed?
Have you tried pushing the "F" button under the flap on the front of the set?

S

saintgeorgie

hi Jaycee, the batteries are new in the remote and it is working and ive tried pressing the F button under the flap on the tv, according to the instructions if youre moving to a different tv region youre supposed to put the tv into 'shipping mode' which resets it back to factory settings so that when you plug it back in it will go into auto setup again and retune itself for available channels. Me bein dumb didnt read this before i moved so was wondering if theres anyway around it
thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
saintgeorgie said:
hi Jaycee, the batteries are new in the remote and it is working and ive tried pressing the F button under the flap on the tv, according to the instructions if youre moving to a different tv region youre supposed to put the tv into 'shipping mode' which resets it back to factory settings so that when you plug it back in it will go into auto setup again and retune itself for available channels. Me bein dumb didnt read this before i moved so was wondering if theres anyway around it
thanks

You should not need to put it into Shipping Mode before unplugging it and moving it...you should be able to put it into shipping mode at anytime...the trouble is it sounds as though the set has "Locked Up" that is why I was asking if the remote is actually working...Have you tried just leaving it to see if it finishes "Sorting"?

S

saintgeorgie

ive tried leaving it on and no difference its like its searching through to locate channels but wont locate them and also the volume works but thats all it will do. When i say its searching i mean you can hear the channels in the background but the signal isnt strong enough to tune it in so it just seems to keep searching.
thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
saintgeorgie said:
ive tried leaving it on and no difference its like its searching through to locate channels but wont locate them and also the volume works but thats all it will do. When i say its searching i mean you can hear the channels in the background but the signal isnt strong enough to tune it in so it just seems to keep searching.
thanks

What happens if you press "Setup"?

S

saintgeorgie

if i press 'setup' the little red light flashes on the tv and the 'sorting please wait' message flashes off then on again.

S

saintgeorgie

:clap: Ive done it yesssssssssssssss ... it seems all i had to do was press and hold the 'F' button on the set for about 10 seconds and the menus came up. I went to the tuning menu and did the auto setup and now everythings perfectly fine again. I was gonna die without my telly lol, so big thanks to all who looked at my posting especially to JayCee for trying to help so quickly..big big thanks mate.:thumbsup:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
saintgeorgie said:
:clap: Ive done it yesssssssssssssss ... it seems all i had to do was press and hold the 'F' button on the set for about 10 seconds and the menus came up. I went to the tuning menu and did the auto setup and now everythings perfectly fine again. I was gonna die without my telly lol, so big thanks to all who looked at my posting especially to JayCee for trying to help so quickly..big big thanks mate.:thumbsup:

You're welcome. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom