1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32 PS 12

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Patrick Barnes, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Patrick Barnes

Patrick Barnes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a new Panasonic TX - 32 PS 12 widescreen. While I am very happy generally with the television I am disappointed with a very feint vetical line in the middle of the screen normally only visable in very light pictures the worst being while watching football. I would be very grateful to find out whether this is mormal with widescreen pictures

2. Lusak

Lusak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have this and if you search the forum there at least two other users complaining of the same issue. I have emailed Panasonic but with no reply so far. Personally I don't think this is acceptable but am not confident that swapping it will make much difference, especially as everything else on the TV is fine.

3. Patrick Barnes

Patrick Barnes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Lusak, thank you for your reply, I have also E Mailed Panasonic ( on Sunday ) the day after it was delivered, I phoned them today and they said that as the television was only days old I should have it changed. I phoned Sound and Vision Bolton who supplied the the television when told the fault they immediatley offered to change it for another. I am concerned that it will cost them much time and money to change it and then I will have another television with the same problem. I have read somewhere in the AV Forum that it is possible to cure the problem by going into the service menu, how is this done? does anyone know?

4. Lusak

Lusak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this thread which might be the one you are talking about. As I am totally clueless about the technical aspects of TVs, I am a bit hesistant as I don't what could be causing the band we see.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19859

I think I would rather a service engineer corrects if it can be. once I get some time after Xmas I plan on going to have a look at one in John Lewis to see if their sets is also afflicted.

It is a shame as it is a great TV apart from this. I see it was reviewed in the December issue of What Video Widescreen but it has yet to appear on the website and the shops now have the Jan 04 issue. I wondered if they noted this feature?

5. Patrick Barnes

Patrick Barnes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you that if it is a service item it would be better for it to be repaired, I will be interested to hear whether other Panasonics on display have the same problem

6. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    My brother had this on a new PS 12 and took it back immediately. The guy in the shop said it was a problem Panasonic used to have, but he thought had been sorted. The TV was swapped for a PS 5, the 50Hz DD version, and my brother is delighted with it.
    From the brief look I had at the PS 12, I would describe it as an awful TV. His may just have been a bad example, but the blocking and artifacts were terrible. One scene in FOTR, the night scene where the Dark Riders are chasing the Hobbits through the woods, showed so much blockiness around the edges as to make it almost unwatchable.
    The white vertical band is not fixable and the sets should be replaced. It is caused by a fault in the tube manufacture.

Review of the PS 5 here: http://www.whatvideotv.com/testbenc...v.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=2979
    Brian