1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32 PS 12 Service menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Patrick Barnes, Dec 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Patrick Barnes

Patrick Barnes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like others are having a problem with lines on the picture the worst is around half an inch wide and shows as being lighter than on a green background, typically watching a football match shows it best. I have the offer of a replacement television but am concerned that this could well be the same. I have read somewhere that it is possible to cure this problem via the service menu, is this something I can access? and what do I do to resolve the issue once in the service menu? I would be very grateful for any advice

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Unless you know what your doing i'd advise not to muck around in the service menu, especially as the set is new. If it is discovered that you have entered the service menu then you can kiss warranty support goodbye.

3. reggiewac

reggiewac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a 32PS12 for a week or two and found exactly the same problem. It was replaced. Twice. All three sets had exactly the same fault. Very noticable on a moving greeen background as you say.
    Three visits from an engineer and three lots of - " Oh yeah, it is quite bad isn't it". It was so bad I was embarassed to have my mates around to watch the footy, or the rugby.
    I got bored and had the last one taken away for a refund. So I now have lots of shiney pound coins which I think I am going to spend on a Sony KV-32FX68 , or a Phillips 32PW9308, not made my mind up yet.

Get rid of the Panasonic!