Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic TX-29F250 CRT - vertical bars in dark scenes

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Toolman NZ, Oct 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Toolman NZ

Toolman NZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a new 29" 100 Hz Panasonic TV (TX29F250 bought and using in New Zealand), and have noticed faint vertical bars in dark scenes when using the component inputs to connect a Sony home theatre DVD player (DAV-DZ500).

In progressive mode (playing both PAL and NTSC disks) there is one main bar in the centre of the screen. In interlaced mode there are two bars - one near each side of the screen - with smaller fainter bars nearby. The bars are slightly darker than the normal black level, so they disappear if I turn the brightness control down (but then so do any dark scenes on my DVD).

The bars are also visible if I set the DVD player's background to black and stop the DVD player, so it's not the DVD decoder.

The bars disappear when using the composite connection.

I am using new 1 metre Monster component leads, so I don't think it is a cabling issue.

Anyone have any ideas on what could cause this? :lease:

Cheers

2. HR_The_Butcher

HR_The_Butcher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a TX-29PS20F/P model, and a similar problem. Guess I'll never buy Panasonic again.