panasonic tx 28pm1 standby switch problems

G

GAZZAP

Hi,
My Panasonic TX28PM1 will not turn on. When I push the on/off button I hear the TV start up, the screen stays black and the standby light stays off for about five seconds then comes on and blinks repeatedly. I have tried turning off the power etc etc to no avail.

Is this a problem with the switch/power supply? Is it going to be worth repairing? The TV is under two years old. Any help would be appreciated.

GAZZAP

GAZZAP said:
Hi,
My Panasonic TX28PM1 will not turn on. When I push the on/off button I hear the TV start up, the screen stays black and the standby light stays off for about five seconds then comes on and blinks repeatedly. I have tried turning off the power etc etc to no avail.

Is this a problem with the switch/power supply? Is it going to be worth repairing? The TV is under two years old. Any help would be appreciated.

GAZZAP

Hi !

Yes, should be repairable - and not to costly either. Best advice is to goto the Panasonic website, and on the "Find a repair centre" page, enter your postcode.

If it's the part I think it is, a Panasonic service agent can get it for a LOT less than anywhere else - and pass the savings on to yourself.

Should be a routine repair as we've had a few of these in with this problem.

Get back to me if you need any help finding a repair centre (send me a PM with your postcode etc).

Hi

Do a search for "sale of goods act".
If a TV is less than 2 years old it may be possible to get it fixed for free.
"merchandisable quality"

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom