1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-28DTX1

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mthornton, Jan 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mthornton

mthornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how i can record Freeview onto my Panasonic NV-VP31 VHS. I can record anologe TV wihout a problem, but i have been unable to record from a digital channel. :confused:

cheers

matthew

2. netflix

netflix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the same problem with mine. I only got it two days ago and am really pleased with the quality, but how am i supposed to get the output into my DVD recorder? The manualy is seriously cack. Mine has several pages reprinted so am assuming I am missing some pages. Any one got an electronic copy of it?

3. ColonelK

ColonelK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got a Sony IDTV (KD28DL11u) that I got 2 days ago. To record freeview on my Panny E65 DVD recorder I simply hooked up the Scart AV2 from the Telly into the Scart AV2 on the DVD recorder. If your recorder and Telly both speak Qlink (Smartlink, or whatever your brands called it) then you should be able to Direct record what the TV is displaying.

Otherwise try setting the Video/DVD recorder to record from AV2 input whilst the Telly is displaying the freeview channel you wish to watch (in the same way you would do it if you had an external freeview box)

Hope this helps

CK

4. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got TX32DTX40 and a e55 DVD recorder and if you go in the Guide (EPG) and choose the programme you want to record and press the blue button it should put your recorder to record and the telly to that channel (I'm assuming that the VP-31 has Q-link). Make sure the scart leads are plugged into Q-link scart sockets.

The difference using this method is you are recording using the tellys digital tuner rather than the VP-31's analogue tuner.

Hope this helps.

5. netflix

netflix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the thelp, will give it a go. :)

6. netflix

netflix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have a problem where a Panny TX-28DTX1 seems to switch itself to standy by for about two seconds occasionaly when watching. It has done it a couple of times now and I am starting to get a little worried that it might be a more serious problem. At the moment, it hardly bothers me, but has anyone seen this before?