1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-28 DK2

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hoppy30, Mar 19, 2002.

1. hoppy30

hoppy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Does anyone have this TV (Panasonic TX-28 DK2) ? Or have any idea why it does not transmit any signal to my Marantz SR4200 amp. It has been suggested I need to alter the audio out settings on the TV. But no such settings seems to exist. There is nothing wrong with the amp itself as my VCR will work through the same socket on amp.

Would like to get TV to work through amp.

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Dave

2. sifowler

sifowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is that a Pro logic TV ??

If so, are there 5 audio outputs at the back ?

3. hoppy30

hoppy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Yes its a Pro-Logic TV with 5 audio outputs on the back. I wanted to connect the front L + R to my amp. Which I've done. But not a sound comes out. Any ideas?

thanks

Dave

4. sifowler

sifowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same problem. I have a TX28PK2 (Pro Logic with 5 audio outs). According to Panasonic the 5 audio out sockets send out the decoded Pro Logic signal. I therefore assume that front L+R doesn't carry the standard stereo signal required by the amp (although I'm no expert on this).

Anyway, the way around it is to use one of the Scart sockets at the back for audio out. Obviously this creates its own problems if both sockets are used (which mine are).

My Digibox goes to AV1 (RGB) and DVD player goes to AV2 (S-VID) and I believe that AV3 doesn't have audio out (its just video + audio in).

I bought a scart lead from Maplin which is Scart to Scart + 2 phono lead (which is switchable so you can either have the audio going in or out). I used it to go from DVD to TV with the audio leads coming out of the TV end into the Amp. This appeared to work fine from a sound point of view, whatever was on the TV (whether it be Sky, DVD etc) the sound came out of the Amp.

Unfortunately the lead is not fully wired hence no RGB or S-Video so I'm back to square one (I can't put up with composite video).

So at the moment I have audio leads from Digibox to Amp and because my VCR is connected to my Digibox I can watch Satellite and videos with sound from my Amp, the problem comes when I am taping from Sky and just watching terrestrial TV.

Anyway, I'm on the look-out for a fully wired Scart lead with audio out leads.

Cheers.

5. hoppy30

hoppy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sifowler

Thanks for your help. Have done as you suggested and given up with audio outs on TV. Used scart socket as you suggested and works fine now. Panasonic should state in the manual more info on there audio outs. I thought amp was bust at first, and was thinking of sending it back. What I've done is used a Scart video control unit which has 3 scart sockets + phono sockets for hi-fi connection. I got it from Index for £9.99. It also has RGB, have used that for DVD playback, seems OK.

Thought Panasonic was bust. Glad to hear you had same problem. Thanks again. Very happy now! :)

cheers

dave

6. sifowler

sifowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to be of assistance. It took several emails to Panasonic Support before I got the answer.

How do you find the audio pass-through of the TV for watching Sky etc ? It seemed ok when I tried it

Cheers.

7. hoppy30

hoppy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sifowler

Seems OK to me, scart control unit has phono sockets marked 'TV output' connected these to amp 'TV IN' sounds fine.

cheers

dave

8. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I know this is an old thread but the info in it isn't entirely correct :)

I had a set of interconnects coming out of the FR L+R phonos on the back of the tele straight into a stereo amp before I got my Surround amp. So that DOES work :)

Dave