Panasonic TX-26LXD52

wafc

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard that these new Panasonic LCD's are very good : http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/invt/tx26lxd52

Since I have had 2 faulty Samsung LE26R41BDX models I'm now keen to up my budget to get something which might finally work as intended!!

Has anybody got any reviews/opinions on these Panasonics or any info as I'm considering purchasing the 26" version for approx £799.

Thanks. :D

So has anybody got any opinions on these or is anyone looking to purchase one as I am?

Failing that does anyone have any alternatives for around the £800 mark? I've heard that this Panasonic has one of the best pictures for its price.

Thanks.

Well the review I saw in What Hi Fi about 2 months ago said the 26LX50 was a top notch TV, but over priced due to the absence od HDMI. The LX52 is exactly the same TV, but with HDMI.

You can't really go wrong with current Panny LCD range by the looks of it.

wafc said:
So has anybody got any opinions on these or is anyone looking to purchase one as I am?

Failing that does anyone have any alternatives for around the £800 mark? I've heard that this Panasonic has one of the best pictures for its price.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm a newbie on here but after months of umming and erming about lcd tv's I decided on the 26lxd52 and I am well pleased! Picture quality is top notch even on ntl. Good spec and HD ready plus a too good to ignore deal in House of Fraser sealed it (2years 0% made it £25 a month:)

I can recommend the Panasonic too. My brother recently bought the 26" version for his bedroom mainly for gaming with the XBox 360 and he is very happy with it. I have the 32" TX32LXD500 myself and very pleased with that too.

In general Panasonics seem to rate quite highly here, so I don't think you'll be disappointed at all with your choice.

I'm a newbie who appreciated the information in this forum when deciding to buy a Panasonic TX32LXD52 (£1k at Comet) a few days ago.

I'm stunned at how good the images are, how user-friendly the set is and its overall level of functionality. Perhaps this is because I've been watching a 12 year old 21" Sony for the past 12 years!

The set picks up signal strength 9 where I live and with this even the freeview channels look great. DVD playback from an oldish Pioneer 565 is superb through component leads, only VCR playback disappoints as the set reveals the flaws of the source.

On the downside this set measures deeper than some of its rivals and this may be an issue of you are planning to wall mount, iot also doesn't have a connection for PCs though I'm sure an adaptor can overcome this. On the upside I find the set less ugly than some of its rivals and am delighted with its picture.

Good luck

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom