• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-26LMD70 vs. every other same price/cheaper model

U

User Name

Hi all

Apologies for creating a second thread so soon after my first (on the forum), but I wanted to keep this thread very concise as my other was a bit jumbled.

As the title states, I am heavily leaning towards the Panasonic 26TX-LMD70, but it is a decent bit over my original budget (I really wanted to keep it at around £300, to be honest, as it's a small bedroom and largely for XBOX360).

I have two simple questions: (1) Do you personally rate this model as highly as most of the reviews that I've read (as user feedback is often as useful as "expert" feedback); and (2) is there a better value model on the market? That is to say, can I spend less and get a reasonably similar TV? Ideally, as mentioned, £300 is the budget, and this is pushing £420 and that's from online retailers - not the shop prices of £500+.

I will spend this amount if it's absolutely worth it and anything less is a lot worse. But obviously I'd love to get some reassurance from you guys in the know before I take that plunge ... just in case. So any other £400-or-less TVs that are as good/almost as good/better, in your opinion, would be great.

Thanks a lot all. I'll post pictures hopefully by Monday. :)

U

User Name

I have a feeling any and all answers will come down to:-

Panasonic TX-26LMD70

vs.

Sony KDL-26T3000

Which is better? And are there any other TVs that are significant cheaper (i.e. £50 or >) which match up to either of these two TVs?

And if you recommend me to buy the Sony, I have to ask - is it worth saving £50 or so by buying the T2800? Or is the T3000 REALLY worth that extra dosh -- which I could use towards a new sound system or something.

drew1

Standard Member
Im in exactly the same boat as you except im also considering the 26ad5e from sharp which is around about £350 and seems to have good reviews. Cant make my mind up though!

U

User Name

I'm still unsure about the main comparison: Panasonic TX-26LMD70 vs. Sony KDL-26T3000. Can any owners of either check in? This is like trying to decide between your mum and dad!

And would anyone willing to help also be able to shed comparative light on the ONLY other two I am interested in (it's between these four - really!): LG 32LB75 and the Samsung LE-26R74 BDX.

I mean, these four are so equally rated and the prices are more or less the same ... who's the winner? I beg of help! :)

Expired

Prominent Member
Hi, I just returned a Sony KDL32S3000 due to faults. I was'nt happy with the SD picture and it developed a high pitch humming sound.

Took delivery of a Panasonic TX-26LMD70 today after reading the reviews etc. Thought I might be better buying a top end 26" rather than an average 32" and boy was I right.

This Panny has blown me away the colours are rich have seen no colour banding and have'nt had to mess around with any of default settings either. The sound is fantastic as well I thought the Sony was good but this is even better. I've watched a film through my upscaler dvd player and played COD4 on my PS3 and seen no motion blur or smearing. This is one awesome TV :thumbsup:

Not watched any sports as yet that test will be this weekend with the FA cup footage ;)

U

User Name

Thanks for that. I am leaning to the Panny; it's just the 32" side of things with the LG. Nevertheless, I've been leaning Panny the whole way.

Question: Where's the best place to buy? There are a few websites that are doing it for sub-£430, but any recommendations? I want it delivered as quickly as possible and, obviously, reliability/quality of the firm is important.

CitizenDJ

Established Member
Hi there,

I have the 26"LMD70 which I use purely for gaming and in my opinion, it's an excellent TV; the picture is clear, crisp and detailed and the colours seem very well balanced - certainly the best picture quality of any 26" TV I've seen.

I'm afraid I can't tell too much about the sound as I use a surround system pretty much of the time, so not much help there - I'm sure it's good enough though.

A brilliant telly, which for me at least is perfect as a gaming screen.

I'm pretty sure you'll be very happy with whichever of these TVs you choose though, so best of luck and enjoy!

DJ

Expired

Prominent Member
Thanks for that. I am leaning to the Panny; it's just the 32" side of things with the LG. Nevertheless, I've been leaning Panny the whole way.

Question: Where's the best place to buy? There are a few websites that are doing it for sub-£430, but any recommendations? I want it delivered as quickly as possible and, obviously, reliability/quality of the firm is important.

Got mine through Amazon for 450 quid but it seems they are now out of stock :thumbsdow

Hope you find one soon it's a cracking 26" TV.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom