1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX 25X1

Discussion in 'TVs' started by davand, Feb 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. davand

davand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I'm upgrading my whole TV setup I'm going to sell off my old 25" 4:3 Panasonic. My problem is that I am having problems with the infra red receiver on the Tv for the remote. For some strange reason the remote will not work UNLESS I rub the area where the TV receives the infrared signal from the remote (on the front panel of the TV) then the remote will work for a short while before I have to carry out the same procedure.

Does anyone have an easy fix for this or any previous experience of this kind of problem?. Obviously I can't sell the TV if it has this problem.

Thanks in advance

Andy

2. AlanDoc

AlanDoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having exactly the same and mystifying problem. Does anyone know if there is a battery built into the infra red receiver on the TV which might be the cause, and if so is it user replaceable?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Alan

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,936
    No, there are no batteries in the IR receiver.......it is usually fed from the 5v rail.
    The IR sensor may need replacing or it may be dry-jointed on it's circuit board.

4. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I too have this tv AND experience a bizarre remote problem AND am looking to sell it to upgrade to top end widescreen-certain buttons work while others do not. I have not mistreated the remote but its decided to stop working. Unfortunately i cant predict the cause but its a pain that if i sell it its gonna be worthless. Im with you on this one- if anyone knows the cause please let us know!!