Panasonic TV Turns itself off

AVprizeidiot

Novice Member
I am sure this has been answered thousands of times, but I've had a good mooch and can't find answer, so please don't be rude!

I have a problem with my plasma tv - Panasonic TX-P42G30B. After about an hour it turns off, no picture, no sound, but solid green power light on. If I turn it off by plug and turn back on all is fine for a while, until it turns off again. When I turn it back on, the time for it to turn off gets shorter each time, unless I leave it for an hour or so. When it is off the remote doesnt do anything. Ive tried unplugging all inputs apart from aerial, but no amount of swearing or reasoning with tv seems to work. Any idea what problem is? Thx

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
It sounds like a fault that needs attention, possibly in the PSU. I presume that you’ve checked the menus to make sure that the relevant sleep options, if listed, are disabled.

Clem

AVprizeidiot

Novice Member
Hi. Thanks for reply.
Yes, checkled sleep/power saver etc settings, they are set to off.
I also think it is a hardware issue, but was hopeing someone had come across same issue and found that it was main board or power supply or something else.
I've had the back off and can't see anything obvious. It might be a dry joint, but finding that is way beyond my skills.

paulharrison

Worth trying a factory reset first I think. I've had a somewhat similar problem lately with my GZ950. It was powering off and on after an undefined period watching netflix, but a factory reset (which will not reset software updates) seems to have fixed it. Admittedly yours sounds more likely to be a hardware issue.

AVprizeidiot

Novice Member
Worth trying a factory reset first I think. I've had a somewhat similar problem lately with my GZ950. It was powering off and on after an undefined period watching netflix, but a factory reset (which will not reset software updates) seems to have fixed it. Admittedly yours sounds more likely to be a hardware issue.
OK. Thanks. I'll give it a try

Russ_64

Sounds like time (or a good excuse) for an upgrade to OLED.... ;)

defcombeta

Novice Member
I had this problem with a 32 inch as600, turned off on its own and the time got shorter and shorter, stopped using it for about 6 months and when my new TV a fx450 went in for repair I powered it up and it worked no problems for nearly 4 weeks before I put it away again. interesting thing to note in my case the system had completely discharged and took a minute from being plugged in for the sensor light to power up. perhaps a complete discharge of power ( unplug the tv and then hold down the power on button ) and leaving it over night might help. since I had this problem I use only surge protectors with my TVs , monitors and computers.

alistairgd

My FZ952B has been doing this since I bought it a few months ago.

I *think* I have established that it only happens when watching the TV's netflix app.

I does not happen when using the AppleTV netflix app.

Might be worth trying, if you have the option to use another device with Netflix - test and see.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG SN7CY Soundbar Review, Hisense 55U7Q, LG Nano90, Best of the Month, B+W Sigourney Weaver
Top Bottom