Panasonic TV to Yamaha soundbar help needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by phillv8s, Jun 15, 2015.

1. phillv8s

phillv8s
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have just got a Panasonic AX802B TV and Yamaha YSP 3300 soundbar but after many hours searching forums and swapping of cables I can't get the TV to control the soundbar via th ARC function!
    I have connected they its by hdmi arc output socket on TV to arc input on soundbar. Turned on viera link function and arc function on TV, turned on hdmi control on soundbar and use TV input on soundbar and turned everything on and off but no joy.
    There is no option on TV sound output for an amp, just TV speaker or headphones.
    I am only watching Sky TV at the moment and have that connected via hdmi lead to soundbar hdmi input 1 (but have also used TV hdmi input socket). I have swapped hdmi cables but still no joy.
    Am I missing something in the menus in either the TV or soundbar or some other mistake as I going mad trying all the different setup combos available.
    I am happy with the sound from the soundbar but I want to be able to control the soundbar volume with the sky/TV remote instead of having to use the soundbar remote for volume changes and the sky remote for everything else (sky remote is programmed to TV model and controls that fine).

2. phillv8s

phillv8s
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cracked it at last. For reference if anybody has the same issues with the Panasonic TV the critical part is to go into the APPS of the TV and open the viera link app. There you can switch your sound output from TV speaker to an external system if recognised by viera link. Make sure all arc function options are on in both TV and receiver. I had to route my sky hdmi input into my soundbar to get full arc functionality as opposed to straight to my TV inputs.

3. simonlewis

simonlewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    I was going to suggest that earlier on today but you said in your first post "Turned on viera link function....." so i didn't comment.

4. phillv8s

phillv8s
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had turned on viera link via the settings menu on the TV. The tricky part to find is you also have to open the app on the app screen. Completely separate from the normal TV settings menus.

5. simonlewis

simonlewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Ah okay, i had a panny plasma from 2008 the menu was a bit different then.

6. MrSpark

MrSpark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Glad I came across this post! I would never have tried the Viera Link app. Works like a dream now. Thank you! :)