1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic tv prob

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Panasonic_Dude, Jun 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, just bought a Panasonic TX-32PG50 off me mate, great tv! it's about 18months old and imaculate. Got it set up at mine and the thing makes a loud humming noise that only goes away if you turn the internal speakers off.
    He's stumped and i'm stumped as this thing didnt do this at all untill it was in my bleedin house. What do i do to get this repaired? send it to Panasonic or are there any good tv repair peeps anyone can suggest that will make this puppy better?
    Thanks for any info guys.

2. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know it's a pain in the poo'er, but take it back to your mates house and try it again there. If it doesn't hum, you have some sort of EMF (electro magnetic interference) in your house or in the spot where the TV sits. You may find that it is just this TV that picks it up, another may be OK but how you would cure that problem, I don't know.

Hope this helps.

3. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny you should say that Uzey, but over a year ago we had new wiring put in the house and since then i have noticed very fine interfearence on my pc monitor. Looks like i better sort THAT out once and for all.
    Thanks for the reply mate.

4. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One thing that I do know is that you can do a rough check for EMF with a thing called an 'oscillator'. I use this at work and it is for testing cables etc.... You connect a signal generator at one end of the cable and go to the other with the 'wand'. This wand picks up the sound signal generated at the other end. Now, this 'wand' picks up EMF also so if I was to put it near a light bulb (lit of course) then it makes all sorts of weird noises. If you was to be able to attain one of these (they cost about £60 by the way) then this would be a rough way of seeing if you have EMF troubles in certain areas of your house.
    Check this link :-

http://www.bluehelix.co.uk/product.asp?CATID=10&PRODUCTID=252&USERID=

5. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice Uzey, will see if i can get hold of one :smashin: