Panasonic TV no eARC

Norm123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I currently have a Panasonic TX-58EX700B TV.

I’ve also ordered a Sonos Arc, with sub woofer and 2 x Play1.

I am completely new to sound bars and surround sound, and it appears as if I need more equipment which is annoying but prepared to pay.

My TV does not have eArc, which might cause problems with the Sonos Surround system. However, by quickly googling it might be down to whether my TV has Atmos or not? Which I don’t think it has, the manual is not perfect and I’m still trying to determine the answer to this and whether Atmos has anything to do with it. I don’t know if someone would be confirm/help with this but I don’t think it does?

I’ve been trying to do as much research myself as I can and I see some people recommend an HD Fury Arcana and others say I also need HD Fury Vertex 2. Apparently these two items will allow the sound to get to the Sonos Arc. But do I need both these and will this mean the quality of the sound would be the same as if I had an eArc and what standard would the sound come through as?

I am conscious as well, I might need to invest in an HDMI splitter and cables. I’ve not even managed to get to that stage as I want to make sure all the above is required before I invest.

I will be using Firestick 4K Ultra HD stick, Sky Q and Chrome.

Apologies if I’ve not made myself clear, I’ve never had the opportunity to get a surround system before and thought it would have been a lot easier than this. But I suspect that’s because I should have researched more about the TV first.

Thank you in advance and if you need any other information please let me know.

Norman

I'm out of touch but I would have thought that:
If you are playing content from e.g. the firestick which includes Atmos, and your fire stick is connected to an hdmi input on the TV, then this will be transferred to the soundbar via ARC, which means it will be compressed Atmos.
Since you will be using a soundbar with satellites, I'd be surprised if you'd hear much difference between this compressed atmos and the full version. To get full atmos you would need a complete theatre system ideally with ceiling speakers etc.
So I don't think your TV needs to support atmos as such.
If your soundbar has eArc and the TV has just Arc, it should work, though you may get some lip sync issues.
I would try it and see how it goes.

I'm out of touch but I would have thought that:
If you are playing content from e.g. the firestick which includes Atmos, and your fire stick is connected to an hdmi input on the TV, then this will be transferred to the soundbar via ARC, which means it will be compressed Atmos.
Since you will be using a soundbar with satellites, I'd be surprised if you'd hear much difference between this compressed atmos and the full version. To get full atmos you would need a complete theatre system ideally with ceiling speakers etc.
So I don't think your TV needs to support atmos as such.
If your soundbar has eArc and the TV has just Arc, it should work, though you may get some lip sync issues.
I would try it and see how it goes.
Thanks I have very little knowledge how it works however I don’t think my TV supports Atmos. Therefore would I not need HD Fury Arcana or the other one Vertex which I have no idea about either and quite expensive.

Thank you for replying and showing an interest, I really don’t know what to do.

Thanks I have very little knowledge how it works however I don’t think my TV supports Atmos. Therefore would I not need HD Fury Arcana or the other one Vertex which I have no idea about either and quite expensive.

Thank you for replying and showing an interest, I really don’t know what to do.
So from my understanding, if a TV supports atmos, it simply means that its internal sound system (i.e. It's internal speakers) are capable of generating atmos sound. However there are very few tvs with speakers capable of making much use of it.
Atmos is, I believe, simply data which tells a sound system to place different sounds in different places.
Since your tv supports Arc, it would accept the Atmos sound data stream from the device transmitting atmos, e.g. Firestick, Sky Q etc. and pass that information via Arc to the soundbar.
Since it is Arc rather than eArc, Atmos would be compressed, but with a soundbar I doubt it would make much difference.
My TV supports Atmos and eArc but my soundbar only supports Arc, so I get compressed Atmos which still sounds good.
I don't know the devices you mentioned, but they may allow full atmos, rather than compressed to your soundbar, but I'm not sure you'd notice the difference.
Others I'm sure know more about these things than I do.
I hope you get things as you want them.

Thank you for this and thank you for the time in helping me understand the set up.

I have one question.

If my TV doesn’t have Atmos, how would the Sonos Arc get Atmos if it’s plugged into the back of my TV?

Thank you for this and thank you for the time in helping me understand the set up.

I have one question.

If my TV doesn’t have Atmos, how would the Sonos Arc get Atmos if it’s plugged into the back of my TV?
Atmos data from firestick etc via hdmi cable to the TV. Data then transferred via hdmi arc connector, e.g. Hdmi2, to the soundbar via another hdmi cable. The TV just passes the info on for the sound, it doesn't need to worry about it. If you used your TV speakers you wouldn't get atmos.

@disconotdisco the TV is immense, it just lacks the hardware to complete a Dolby Atmos set up. The Arc connection doesn't support Atmos.

To get over this, I invested in HD Fury and worked well. One issue which I didn't expect was that the new Firestick didn't support Atmos, so I had to buy a Fire Cube. This worked well.

In the last few weeks, I invested in the new Apple TV. To get around the issue of lack of hdmi connections in the fury you need an HDMI splitter. So be prepared to buy a lot of hdmi cables, make sure they are top speed with good specs.

Well worth the investment too get Sonos working in Atmos. Definitely not worth upgrading the TV as I said it's an amazing TV.

Nothing to do with the TV supporting Atmos. All you need is for the TV to support Dolby Digital + which it does. This means you can get the lossy type of Dolby Atmos (DD+) that is found on every streaming platform.

The only thing you cannot get is Dolby Atmos (TrueHD). This requires Earc (or hdfury) and this is only found on bluray disks (or disk rips).

Not really, just connect the Sonos arc to the arc port then set it to passthrough. As stated in my previous post you will be able to get the loss type which is Dolby Atmos (dd+), there's no need to buy the Arcana Fury unless you use disks and want Dolby Atmos (true hd)
E84EA516-17FE-4791-94A2-149039BB6C73.jpeg

1lx0lt4ph7x41.jpg

Hi all

I currently have a Panasonic TX-58EX700B TV.

I’ve also ordered a Sonos Arc, with sub woofer and 2 x Play1.

I am completely new to sound bars and surround sound, and it appears as if I need more equipment which is annoying but prepared to pay.

My TV does not have eArc, which might cause problems with the Sonos Surround system. However, by quickly googling it might be down to whether my TV has Atmos or not? Which I don’t think it has, the manual is not perfect and I’m still trying to determine the answer to this and whether Atmos has anything to do with it. I don’t know if someone would be confirm/help with this but I don’t think it does?

I’ve been trying to do as much research myself as I can and I see some people recommend an HD Fury Arcana and others say I also need HD Fury Vertex 2. Apparently these two items will allow the sound to get to the Sonos Arc. But do I need both these and will this mean the quality of the sound would be the same as if I had an eArc and what standard would the sound come through as?

I am conscious as well, I might need to invest in an HDMI splitter and cables. I’ve not even managed to get to that stage as I want to make sure all the above is required before I invest.

I will be using Firestick 4K Ultra HD stick, Sky Q and Chrome.

Apologies if I’ve not made myself clear, I’ve never had the opportunity to get a surround system before and thought it would have been a lot easier than this. But I suspect that’s because I should have researched more about the TV first.

Thank you in advance and if you need any other information please let me know.

Norman
I have the same TV Skq etc and thinking of the Sonus Arc but concerned that I maynot get ATMOS. How did you get on?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom