Panasonic TV Guide Now and Next program only

Neildevon

Novice Member
Reaction score
My Freeview Plus guide only has Now and Next program listing now.
It vanished recently.
I have talked to Panasonic. Tried various things with them.
Shipping Condition
Cold Retune
Software reversal using SD card
Nothing improved it.
Panasonic says Freeview have changed the transmission of Guide.
I contacted Freeview they say Panasonic are incorrect and transmission of guide remains the same.
Freeview says they are only getting reports that only Panasonic TVs are having the issue.
Panasonic told me that some Panasonic TV`s between 2010 1nd 2013 may be affected.
Panasonic say that as long as your TV works there is no issue.

Sad. But it's 2018, I fully expect Panasonic to make zero effort to fix an issue on TVs between five and 8 years old.

Yes, i am having the same problems, tried all of the Panasonic recommended cures, all worked for approx 4 days at a time. T.V. is TX-P50ST50B purchased 2013. As i use my T.V. to 'time shift' with a recorder this Freeview 'drop-out' is very annoying. Are we being dumped by Panasonic because T.V. is "old" ?

I know this is an old thread but someone might just come across it as I did.
Shortly after a Freeview channel reorganisation in the N.W. England region (Winter Hill) in Oct. 2019 my Panasonic TX-P42ST31B television stopped updating its program listings and now will only display Now & Next .
It uses GUIDE Plus Version 1.09.

I have the same issue & it has been like that for months so unable to set programs to record as not knowing what is on & when without recouse to buying a tv guide. From what I can see Panasonic do not care for customers with slightly older TV attempting to force owners to buy replacements. I have tried the same as others here & no joy. On top of this we also lost BBC 1 & 2 for several weeks but has only reurned within the last couple days or so. Come on Panasonic you are trying to force owners to scrap TV's adding to the problems of what to do with old electronics that still work well for the most part.

my panasonic guide just stopped unable to get anything off guide just tries searching then goes blank tv only 15 months old anyone have any ideals

my panasonic guide just stopped unable to get anything off guide just tries searching then goes blank tv only 15 months old anyone have any ideals

Which model is it ? This thread is in the plasma forum and your TV won't be a plasma if it's 15 months old. You're more likely to get help if you can find a users thread for your TV in the Panasonic TV section and post there.

Did anyone manage to solve this? I have the same problem on my VT30.

Did anyone manage to solve this? I have the same problem on my VT30.

The Freesat EPG and 'now and next' info started working sporadically within a few years of getting my GT30 plasma. Updating the firmware didn't sort it and resetting the TV would help occasionally, but then the problem would eventually return. From memory, I think the Freeview EPG followed suit not long after - it also seemed to work very sporadically and would often only show the current and next programs in the program guide and no further. It would also take an increasingly painful amount of time to populate.

I never got to the bottom of why this happened although I suspected the TV just lacked the processing power to process the guide properly, due to how sluggish the guide became. It was very early days for 'smart' TVs at the time and I'm fairly sure that a TV's processor wouldn't even be mentioned in the specs. I also wondered whether a poor TV reception/signal might cause these issues but never had any major problems with viewing the majority of the Freeview channels.

The main reason I didn't get Panasonic to sort it is because I used to watch the TV through my Humax PVR most of the time (which had a far better guide and UI overall), meaning that the problem was more of a niggle/annoyance than a major issue for me. I also didn't want to risk having the TV taken away for inspection or repair because I had a really good panel (at a time when others were suffering from the 'green blobs' issue), plus I didn't want to risk possible damage to my 'pride and joy' !

Had same issue with my VT30 for several years. Then earlier this year tried using iPlayer app on TV and message came up that a software update was needed to continue using the app. Allowed update to install and on restarting not only did iPlayer work but also Freeview and Freesat program guides fully working again. Still continue to work. Was amazed to get an update after so long and very pleased to have the guides back. May be worth trying update to software.

Yep same here, was just coming back to say the same. Software update has fixed it.

Yep same here, was just coming back to say the same. Software update has fixed it.
Hi, I have the issue. Could you advise exactly how I use the IPlayer app, please? I'm a technophobe and can only do this on my firestick. Do I need to connect the TV directly to the Internet with an ethernet cable to get the software update? I can't get a new one to load (current one 2.703). Can't wait to get a full guide! Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom