1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TV any good?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mr_wriggly, Aug 14, 2001.

1. mr_wriggly

mr_wriggly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying a Panasonic TX28PK3 TV from empire direct. Unfortunately, after scouring the internet and magazines for weeks I can't find any reviews or info on the set. Other than a five-minute demo from some gormless nurk in Currys I haven't anything to go on.

Does anyone have this TV, or at least an opinion on it?

Thanks

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the nickname suggests I am no expert and am totally lost when some people on these forums start talking like a Star Trek manual.

However, last week my TX28PK3 arrived from Empire Direct and I am more than happy with it. I bought a Panny video from there as well. The empire direct guy was helpful with a couple of queries I had when ordering and others on this forum have said ED are good at responding to any problems they had with their equipment.

After I set it up I just turned both items on and watched them tune themselves in via the Panny Q-Link.

I find the picture brilliant and even my missus who was wary having a w/screen telly thinks its great.

The only complaint I have was that the stand erection instructions could have been better but I soon got it up.

If you want another opinion here is what credit card Goldfish say in their 'Goldfish Guides':

"Panasonic's budget flatscreen set has to be one of the best value TVs around at the moment. Although it does not sport a great deal in the way of features – there's no surround sound or 100Hz image processing – it does sport a flatscreen that not only looks striking but also delivers detailed, high contrast images. The set is also easy to use thanks to a simple remote control handset, and Q-Link allows a one-button record option on Q-Link enabled videos. Definitely a good buy, especially if you can find it cheaper than £750"

3. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much umming and arring and a shock phone call to my girlfriend this afternoon who said do you want a new TV then, oh and you can use our house savings or credit card i've decided to order the Panny PK3.<br />How many scarts does it have by the way and have you noticed any probs without at all however minor.<br />I'll most likely ring ED when I get home from work, also did it take long for delivery?

4. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I have the 32PK3. At first I was pleased with it (it replaced the dreadful 36PG50) but as time has gone on I'm more and more dissatisfied. Problems include: scrolling horizontal lines on pale backgrounds on RGB; darker edges of screen where glass is thicker (noticeable eg on grass such as golf); horizontal slightly bent lines on some scenes, eg faces against a dark background; ridiculous levels of audio breakthrough on AV2 (S Vid); and out of focus centre of screen. I'm not the only one to have these problems either - there are many posters experiencing similar problems with PK sets. Mine's been in the workshop and they can't fix anything - the engineers are currently trying to get answers from Panasonic. <br />By the way there are 2 scarts (one RGB).