1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TV and Sky Remote

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by martin day, Apr 28, 2003.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Just bought a new Panasonic widescreen TV and linked everything up to my Digibox (also Panasonic), VCR (panasonic) and DVD(pioneer).

Everything works fine except for the volume button on my Sky remote and strangely enough on my OFA6 remote the volume button when I am in satellite mode.

I also know of someone else who has had this problem but they just assumed it was a problem with the Sky remote until I mentioned it.

The only thing we can think of that might have something to do with it is the Qlink feature?

Does anybody have any experience of this and know of a fix maybe?

Thanks
    Martin.

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your TV set is compatible with the Sky remote (did you ask when you bought it?) then it will require you to enter the appropriate code. Lots of info here:
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm

If it's not compatible then the Sky remote will not control the TV volume.

Fman

3. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    what tv do you have

I used to own a tx32pb50 and never had a problem getting the sky remote to operate the tv , I don't think the type of sky box makes any difference as all the sky remotes are the same (obviously the sky plus ones are different)