Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic TUCT100

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by LFC4ever, Feb 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. LFC4ever

LFC4ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Saw this on a site and wondered if anyone can advise how it does this?
    Do you need a Panasonic DVD recorder as well

The TUCTH100 comes with an external link for archive to DVD-RAM or DVD-R discs for external storage.
    Thanks

2. clawson

clawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TUCTH100 is "vapourware" - subject of a thousand empty promises from Panasonic - don't hold your breath waiting for it to be released. Until it is no one can really confirm what it can/can't do.

Cliff

3. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    When it does come - and I'm waiting for it likes lots of others - I wonder how difficult it would be for Panasonic to develop a new model with a dvd burner in it as well. That's the product I really really want...HDD, twin tuner Freeview, extended EPG, Dvd RAM, -R and -RW. Please Panasonic can we have it?

4. clawson

clawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amen to that but just one question - if it has a hard drive (for the PVR side of things) why would you need -RAM, -R and -RW support as well? Wouldn't it just be enough for it to do -R (15p very compatible discs)? Why would you want -RAM and -RW as well when you'd be able to do better editing on the hard drive?

Cliff

5. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    You're right, I've got 10 DVD-RAMs and I've yet to use one on my Panny e-85. It's just that the new Panasonic DVD recorders are going to have the capability to use -RW as well as RAMs and I wasn't going to suggest that the down specify my ideal model.

Actualy that would be a fun thread...design your ideal HDD/DVD recorder product. Just to make it sensible it should be to meet a specific price point - let's say £500 at the sort of discount retailers we all prefer.

6. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I forgot to mention HDMI as well, please.