Panasonic TUCT100

LFC4ever

Novice Member
Saw this on a site and wondered if anyone can advise how it does this?
Do you need a Panasonic DVD recorder as well

The TUCTH100 comes with an external link for archive to DVD-RAM or DVD-R discs for external storage.
Thanks

C

clawson

The TUCTH100 is "vapourware" - subject of a thousand empty promises from Panasonic - don't hold your breath waiting for it to be released. Until it is no one can really confirm what it can/can't do.

Cliff

Siamese Cat

When it does come - and I'm waiting for it likes lots of others - I wonder how difficult it would be for Panasonic to develop a new model with a dvd burner in it as well. That's the product I really really want...HDD, twin tuner Freeview, extended EPG, Dvd RAM, -R and -RW. Please Panasonic can we have it?

C

clawson

Siamese Cat said:
When it does come - and I'm waiting for it likes lots of others - I wonder how difficult it would be for Panasonic to develop a new model with a dvd burner in it as well. That's the product I really really want...HDD, twin tuner Freeview, extended EPG, Dvd RAM, -R and -RW. Please Panasonic can we have it?
Amen to that but just one question - if it has a hard drive (for the PVR side of things) why would you need -RAM, -R and -RW support as well? Wouldn't it just be enough for it to do -R (15p very compatible discs)? Why would you want -RAM and -RW as well when you'd be able to do better editing on the hard drive?

Cliff

Siamese Cat

You're right, I've got 10 DVD-RAMs and I've yet to use one on my Panny e-85. It's just that the new Panasonic DVD recorders are going to have the capability to use -RW as well as RAMs and I wasn't going to suggest that the down specify my ideal model.

Actualy that would be a fun thread...design your ideal HDD/DVD recorder product. Just to make it sensible it should be to meet a specific price point - let's say £500 at the sort of discount retailers we all prefer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom