Panasonic tube blown

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by sean, Jun 13, 2003.

Tags:
  1. sean

sean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently having my TV fixed and the guy says it is a Phillips W76ESF tube running X13 coils. It is fitted in a Panasonic TX32DK1

Is it common for companies to use phillips tubes and if so is this normally a good one???

Charging me £387 fitted total price, sounds reasonable to me what about you lot?

Cheers
    sean

www.rgv250.co.uk

2. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most companies use some Philips tubes,even Loewe,so that isn't a point for concern.The cost of repair is.How old is the set?What if you spend all that money and something else goes?For another hundred or so pounds you could have a new set with a twelve month warranty.Those are points worth considering,also,next time get an extended repair warranty from domgen,t.v's are cantankerous b******s!

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    Philips have had a big problem with early failures of tubes, mainly those made around 1998-2000. It may be worth asking Panasonic if they have any arrangements to cover part of the cost of this.

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    What were the symptoms of the fault on your Panasonic TX32DK1? Its just my mother has the same set and she has a problem where it can work fine for a week (on and off of course) and then get a greeen screen and then switch itself off. You can put it straight back on without problems. One day she had the fault for 5 or 6 times and now its been problem free for about 10 days.