1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TU-PT600B - how do I connect it up?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by moonlanding, Jun 29, 2005.

1. moonlanding

moonlanding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just switched from normal TV to separate tuner and plasma (TU-PT600B and TH-42PW6) and I need help with the blasted connections. I have an NTL PACE digibox and a Panasonic DVD DMR E60 DVD player to worry about as well.

I tried the wiring I used for the old TV but althought he TV and AV pictures are fine the DVD recording has gone to pot. The DVD AV channel doesn't pick up anything sensible except the terrestrial TV signal.

Can someone please help with some basic wiring diagrames?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    best bet is to ebay your Tuner box, its naff, buy a JS RGB>VGA box connect ntl>DVDR>JS>PLASMA

3. moonlanding

moonlanding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Horneydragon, you've managed to be arrogant, geeky, unintelligable and unhelpful all in one post. I'm impressed.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    WOW you have managed to post a question asked on a weekly basis answered with the same thing every time................TRY A SEARCH

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,525
    moonlanding

horny is correct in his assertion that the TU-600B is best consigned to its box - its not the best bit of kit in the world; that said if its what you have to work with it shouldn't be too difficult to get everything working the way you want it to.

I guess most folk would go with NTL (SCART RGB) > DMR-E60 then DMR-E60 (SCART RGB) > TU-600B for Digibox and DVD playback/record.

I've never used a Recorder with the TU-600B - though I guess you can easily loop the RF aerial from the Tuner into the DVD Recorder for Terrestrial recordings.

Best regards

Joe