1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic tu-dsb40 blocky picture

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Scott23, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Scott23

Scott23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    Hi. I would appreciate any help with a satellite problem I currently have. I have a Panasonic TU-DSB40 receiver on the Sky satellite. When I check out the signal strength it is around 90% and the signal quality is around 95% but the picture varies from poor to completely unwatchable on certain channels. The picture regularly pixellates and sometimes completely stops moving (a static image is held for a while).

I have thought about checking the alignment of the dish but surely that signal quality/strength indicates that it is spot on?? The only other option it leaves is that my receiver box is knackered but it seems odd that it still puts a good picture out on the menu screens.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The strength and quality readings that you see in the services menu is not a true indication of what is being received. It does not and cannot show the signal from every transponder. The only way to be certain of what is wrong is to either have the signal properly tested or to put a known good box into your system and see what happens on the channels you are having trouble with.

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Scott,

The fault you have isn't common with the DSB40 so you need to look elsewhere.

The fault will be the LNB. Cambridge at a guess.

Do a search for 'Cambridge' within this forum.

A. Dork

4. Scott23

Scott23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    It is a Cambridge quad LNB (I think it is a Cambridge - it matches the pictures I have seen of one). It was fitted by a Sky installer. Do you suggest changing the LNB then??

If so can you recommend any good + cheap LNBs that would do the trick? I have no need for the quad output as I only have one digibox.