1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TU-DSB30 lockup problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dillspooch, Jul 25, 2004.

1. dillspooch

dillspooch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having lockup problems with my Panasonic TU-DSB30 satellite receiver. The system details are as follows:

Model number 1.1.U
    Version number 0F0210
    Operatin system version 1.2S4F3
    EPG Software version 3.2.11

Sometimes when watching a channel, the picture freezes, so I switch channels (I usually use the blue favourite button) to see if other channels are affected. It switches ok, but then maybe locks up 15 seconds later - the red remote command LED on the front of the box stays on. It won't respond to a power off from the remote so I have to unplug the box and plug it back in.

The signal strength is about two thirds of maximum, and signal quality is also about two thirds but sometimes drops to half for a few seconds.

Yesterday when it locked up for the 4th time, I unplugged it and plugged it back in whilst holding the backup button in. On screen messages then said it was upgrading the software, which it completed, but i'm still having lockup problems with it today.

I bought the kit in October 2000. Is there any other kind of reset I can to fix this problem? Maybe the kit has had it and I should look at getting a new one.

Thanks for any opinions.
    Mike

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This seems to be a common problem, which is likely to be a software bug but just *might* be made worse by heat and age of equipment. You can either wait and hope the next software revision (whenever) sorts it out or buy a different box.

3. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    May be worth keeping an eye on this thread. Mine has a slightly different problem in that it drops into standby & won't come out. I didn't know about the update process so I've tried that this evening & we shall see.

4. Hawker

Hawker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first post, since I have only just signed up.
    Have just connected a Panasonic TU-DSB30 box to a quad LNB, and all the box keeps doing is switch to standby with 5-10 seconds. This was due to be a second freeview box in addition to my main sky box (another TU-DSB30) Before purchasing the quad LNB the box was working OK, in the few seconds before shutdown the setup page shows a good signal, but the card number shows "NO CARD"
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.
    :lease:

5. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    There seems to be several variations of standby problem with this particular Panasonic box as you can see from my link to DS in my previous post. There are a number of repair options available but in the end I elected to source a used replacement via the AV Forums classified. From what I recall the repair was around £30 which is what I paid for another box.

Maybe worth switching the boxes just to eliminate any problems with the LNB/cabling.

There's a "sticky" at the top of this forum with details of digibox repairers. If you can find one locally then repair may become more economical without shipping charges.

6. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,547
    i had the exact same problem, and the fix is easy! the firmware of the box needs to be updated, thats all. Look for my thread i started about 2 or 3 weeks ago, there instructions in there on how to do it.

7. johnn49

johnn49
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you tell me the remedy to cure my Panasonic TU-DSB30 Lockup problem. After 5-10 seconds it goes to standby.
    All the best,
    johnn49.