Panasonic TM300 v TM350

Martin68

Dose anyone know of any substantual performance difference between these two camcorders?

I know the 350 has twice the memory, but as for picture quality, are they both identical?

I have read somewhere that the TM350 has improved low light performance, but after down loading the specs for both models from the Panasonic website, i notice that both have the same low light rating of about 1.5lux and as for the camera section, both specs are idential.

so what makes the 350 so much more expensive?

I would prefer the TM350 because it looks nicer with a silvery grey look, but i won't buy it if it gives exactly the same picture quality as the TM300

Anyone know of any substantual difference?

senu

Distinguished Member
I think ( personally ) that it is a" transition" model and not so much of a newer model as Panasonic would have you believe
In fact the Prosumer AVCAM AG HMC_40/41 share an identical sensor and processor with the 300 but have a better lens,
Im not sure how the 350 features in that
http://www.avforums.com/forums/camc...-new-limited-edition-panasonic-announced.html

If you can afford it , it will far no worse but "better" is probably wishful thinking by Panasonic marketing folk

Last edited:

lawtq

Standard Member
Dose anyone know of any substantual performance difference between these two camcorders?

I know the 350 has twice the memory, but as for picture quality, are they both identical?

I have read somewhere that the TM350 has improved low light performance, but after down loading the specs for both models from the Panasonic website, i notice that both have the same low light rating of about 1.5lux and as for the camera section, both specs are idential.

so what makes the 350 so much more expensive?

I would prefer the TM350 because it looks nicer with a silvery grey look, but i won't buy it if it gives exactly the same picture quality as the TM300

Anyone know of any substantual difference?

I'd be very interested to hear people comment on this too, want the 350 but feel the 300 would be so similar that the 350 wouldn't be worth it, anyone seen the difference between the two video wise? And in low light?

ChadStarbucks

A friend of mine works for ASK electronics on Tottenham Court Road and tells me they have just bought the last qty of TM350 from Panasonic UK at a good price

lawtq

Standard Member
A friend of mine works for ASK electronics on Tottenham Court Road and tells me they have just bought the last qty of TM350 from Panasonic UK at a good price

Hey, thanks for the heads up, I checked and they aint got it in stock it seems. Its still cheeper to buy from ebay in japan somewhere, even if you're hit by customs charges it would be still cheaper to get the 350 from there than it would be to get the 300 from here! Same old UK rip off story!

Still looking for real world comparisons between the 300 and 350 though, hope someone posts some info

Martin68

oh well, if the 350 is no longer available, i'm not going to be able to get one even if the low light noise is better.

i wouldn't want the Japaniese ntsc model for various reasons of compatibility with uk equipment.

it's got to be PAL , but i would still also be interested in comparing low light noise between the two models.

quick question... as i understand it, the ntsc model has 24p and 60i
dose anyone know if the PAL version has 24p or 25p? and 50i ?

PhilipL

Hi

I've just ordered the TM 300.

Where has it come from that low light is better on the TM350? I just thought it was extra memory and some different styling, and the internals were exactly the same.

Regards

Phil

senu

Distinguished Member
Hi

I've just ordered the TM 300.

Where has it come from that low light is better on the TM350? I just thought it was extra memory and some different styling, and the internals were exactly the same.

Regards

Phil
That comes from Panasonic's Markerting spiel, to be taken with a pinch of seasoning, I think:cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom