Panasonic the only ones?

matts360

Standard Member
New kitchen being done, nice.
Require a freesat tv with the tuner built in, that has good Internet connectivity, and good speakers. Must have iplayer access and not bothered About being able to record stuff.

Don't have any ariel so freesat main request. Can't have separate box as the kitchen is apparently 'ultra mod' with no tell tale visible gadgets apart from the telly on a nice White wall. All wiring to be plumbed in nicely, hence need tv with built in.

32-40" size, slim and good refresh rate for fast actin smoothness. Doing my head in as it seems only panasonic do this, but their viera cast seems worthless... Any help most appreciated....

Matt

vickster

Distinguished Member
Indeed, only Panasonic have Freesat now (Sony and LG did a couple of years ago but stopped with the advent of FV HD)

matts360

Standard Member
That's sods law then for me.

So what do guys think about the panasonuc range, admittedly the 2010 range is still available, and the speakers aren't too bad, but what about things like having iplayer / networking capabilities?

I have read somewhere that the viera cast is being dumped to have viera connect, and they are not upgrading the cast to connect, leaving those buyers in the dark... Is that correct?

Cheers

Matt :facepalm:

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
That's sods law then for me.

So what do guys think about the panasonuc range, admittedly the 2010 range is still available, and the speakers aren't too bad, but what about things like having iplayer / networking capabilities?

I have read somewhere that the viera cast is being dumped to have viera connect, and they are not upgrading the cast to connect, leaving those buyers in the dark... Is that correct?

Cheers

Matt :facepalm:

Sadly yes, they are:thumbsdow whats the budget? was going to say G30 but it doesn't have freesat:facepalm: Panasonic wise it looks like GT30 at abt 1100 :-/ Must be other sets doing freesat, on my phone at the mo, will have a look online when next at my PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom