Panasonic - TH50PZ81B plasma - Freesat F connector problem.

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by dropshort2000, Feb 7, 2009.

1. dropshort2000

dropshort2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening

I have had my Panasonic - TH50PZ81B about a month now. Finally got it off the stand and put it up on the wall today, when I have gone to unscrew the 'F' connector (Satellite Cable) from the male end attached to the TV the whole lot as come away. I haven't over tightened or used any force. When looking at the hole that was left it seems to have been very poorly held in place.

As anyone else encountered this problem with any Panasonic freesat TV? Like a bit more ammo before i get onto them Monday. As anyone had any dealings with Panasonic customer services? Thanks

Dropshort

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,923
    Did you use a spanner or something?

3. dropshort2000

dropshort2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just fingers and it felt like it was unscrewing as it should. When i came to replace it, the bit i wanted to screw it to was already attached to the cable and not attached to the tv!

4. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    the f conncetor is SOLDERED to the tuner and yes they can be flimsy but fingertight should be good enough. However I have done the same myself on a nokia receiver by just brushing against the connector.

As still under guarantee you should be ok. Anyone good with a soldering iron should be able to fix on site.

gbmitie:clap:

5. dropshort2000

dropshort2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because it was me who put the TV up, it was not covered by the warrenty! About a hundred quid for the tv to be taken away and fixed. Sorted now!

6. .stu

.stu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Still sounds like it was poorly manufactured in the first place, regardless of who put the TV up.

I may be wrong but my impression was that within the 1st 6 months there is no requirement on the part of the customer to prove that the fault was already present when the item was purchased - so if you say it was like that when you got it, then Panasonic have to take your word for it. I would check with the CAB and trading standards if I were you and get onto Panasonic for a refund.