Panasonic TH50PZ700CAB

pjskel

DABS are showing it for £2579, and Gultronics (who were the first to release pricing of all new Panny panels coming out) is still £2714.
By the time it does release, it's looking like it'll be circa £2200.
Another link in google says it releases 27th April in Japan.

F

freshcarnation

Hi all...First Post

Excellent Excellent Forum BTW.

Have been skulking in the shadows for many months in search of the perfect TV. First it was The Pioneer 427XD then the PX70 came along and more recently the Samsung LE46M87 (i Can hear the Hissing). And now as if from nowhere a barely affordable Full HD plasma is on the horizon and the buzz about this television is well...a little muted.

I was expecting far more interest in this TV especially after the launch of the 'Solid' PX70, and thought that the lack of current interest may be down to its price tag, but was lead to believe that this screen was the holy grail for many.

The links at the top suggest that there will be stock availability as early as the 22nd of this month and its almost a cert that companies like Digital Direct, Empire, Amazon and Beyond Television will be retailing this for cheaper than the companies listed on FROOGLE... surely!!!!

PS I think the next HDTVTEST review should definitely be on this TV

Thanks again for all your guidance.

pjskel

There is very little info on the panel - hence the mutedness you speak of.
Once the first ones release in Japan this month, you can be sure more info will come to the fore, and then the furore will begin.

ash

Yeah, I think there is a big excitement for this model, a lot of people want a 1080p 50" plasma, with the Pioneer one being too expensive, and some people still prefer TVs over the Panny PF9.

CHFels

Hi all...First Post

Excellent Excellent Forum BTW.

Have been skulking in the shadows for many months in search of the perfect TV. First it was The Pioneer 427XD then the PX70 came along and more recently the Samsung LE46M87 (i Can hear the Hissing). And now as if from nowhere a barely affordable Full HD plasma is on the horizon and the buzz about this television is well...a little muted.

I was expecting far more interest in this TV especially after the launch of the 'Solid' PX70, and thought that the lack of current interest may be down to its price tag, but was lead to believe that this screen was the holy grail for many.

The links at the top suggest that there will be stock availability as early as the 22nd of this month and its almost a cert that companies like Digital Direct, Empire, Amazon and Beyond Television will be retailing this for cheaper than the companies listed on FROOGLE... surely!!!!

PS I think the next HDTVTEST review should definitely be on this TV

Thanks again for all your guidance.

Freshcarnation,

I think there's 3 reasons why the 42PZ700 is not considered the holy grail for plasma fans . . . at least not until it proves itself:

1) damn expensive - twice the price at least! :eek:

2) which hurts, since gospel 'round here is that at 42" full-hd only makes sense if you sit 5 feet from the screen or less; :lesson:

3) Many of us have a gnawing fear that by reaching for full-hd, Panasonic will fall prey to the poor-PQ-on-SD problems that plague the LCDs. :rolleyes:

So . .. wait and see is a sensible attitude :hiya:

CHFels

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I just have a feeling that the new pioneer generation 8 panels will totally destroy these new panas. It seems they`re hardly any different from the older ones, some are even reported to have simillar niggles to the old ones too. Not long til May....

R

rockissponge

Saw this model in the Panasonic shop, Centrale centre in Croydon.

Absolutley gorgeous finish... shame they had a crappy SDef signal going through it, so couldn't really tell what the image quality was like.

Still... it's the 1080p screen for me!

R

rockissponge

Ok... been in again since (I don't seem to be able to go to Croydon without taking a look these days), and they had the screen hooked up to Ultraviolet on Blu-Ray.

Gorgeous. Utterly gorgeous.

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Yeah but what's it like with Standard Def via Sky digital ?

If the standard def is rubbish, I won't go near this set.

dpathic2001

Standard Member
Ok... been in again since (I don't seem to be able to go to Croydon without taking a look these days), and they had the screen hooked up to Ultraviolet on Blu-Ray.

Gorgeous. Utterly gorgeous.

Yes, she certainly is - liked her in Resident Evil too :rolleyes:

I'm sitting 10ft back from my PX70 42" that is arriving today.:D
She's still gonna look fine to me.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom