Panasonic TH50PHD7 plasma display £2750

Hi martin
can you confirm this is fully HD ready i.e HDMI with HDCP and all the right frequencies, scan rates etc.

If so can you PM me a price with wall bracket, and a price list of connection boards

thanks
Darren

Sorry to say it is NOT HD ready, that's why they are £700 less than the new 8 series, which is HD ready. There are all sorts of ways and means to get HDTV on this panel, 1st and foremost, the 1st gen sky boxes will have component video, (HD) scart, (SD) DVI and HDMI (both HD), so getting a picture will not be a problem. But no, this panel cannot carry the HD ready label.

Sorry thought I had done my homework when I came across this before posting

here

so this site is blatently lying (or bending the truth)

thanks anyway I thought it was too good to be true

Yes, that is 100% pure bull.... They ought to be spanked for that. There is no REAL problem with the PHD7 and HD content, give me a ring sometime for a run down, my web site is in my profile, phone no. on there. The 8 series is of course plug and play HD, but in fact loses out on a few PC friendly features apparently, not had time yet to investigate. My 50 8 series is still in the box, business is madness at present.

MAW,

Do you offer extended warranties? I have located the PHD7 50" for £2,900 with a 3 year warranty, can you match this?

I would also be looking for a desktop stand, Lumagen HDP

and leads to connect

DVD via Component
Sky (via?)
Consoles (via a scart switcher)

Thanks

3 yrs cover is included. Sky will be RGB and sync, scart to 4 phono. I should think consoles will vary, a mix of RGB, component and er... composite for gamecube unless you've got hold of an alternative. I hope you can't see this from your windows, I used to live in Brixton!

Thanks MAW,

Where are you baed now? Shame you're not still in Brixon, I could confuse myself further by viewing your 506. Where are you based?

If I did go the PHD7 50" route then I would need to source a Lumagen (do you sell these?) and schedule ISF calibration for later (do you do this?).

All I need to do now is make a decision on which route to go, I was all set for a 50" then read some posts from Gizalroc on Sky output quality starting to break down once you hit the 50" mark, scaler or not. Realistically I will view a lot of Sky so don;t want to shoot myself in the foot here particularly at a viewing distance of 8/9ft.

b00mcl1ck said:
...............I was all set for a 50" then read some posts from Gizalroc on Sky output quality starting to break down once you hit the 50" mark, scaler or not............

Did you re read my follow up? I now have it looking the same as the 42" :smashin:

Giz Yes,

Thanks for that, I have been ofline emailing MAW (we were admiring your signature;-)

I'd really like to see a 50" in action with a scaler, know of any within travelling distance from London (Brixton)?

MAW,

You have a couple of emails from me (not sure wether its best to PM you here) along the lines of the question above. Let me know when its a good time to call you, we need to talk business & its probably easier by phone at this stage

Giz,

How is the 50" settling in then ;-)

Settling in nicely thanks mate.

Yeah, a few people have commented on the Sig.

Managed to get a new centre speaker in last night and she hasn't noticed, bonus! :)

Further to this offer, I can do the TH50PHD8E Note the E, this means it is of european origin, for £2900, with Pansonic's 2 yr warranty. This is fully supported by Panasonic under european law, but I make the point specifically, these are from Panasonic Germany, so no whingeing now!

MAW said:
Further to this offer, I can do the TH50PHD8E Note the E, this means it is of european origin, for £2900, with Pansonic's 2 yr warranty. This is fully supported by Panasonic under european law, but I make the point specifically, these are from Panasonic Germany, so no whingeing now!

Does it come with a stand?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom